Editin VOB Files

Hello,
I’m doing this video with loads of scenes from different movies. All the movies i could think of which had a treasure and/or gold in them i rented, decrypted and using Cutter XP i cut out the treasure/gold scenes i was interested in. So now i have about 30 VOB files. I want to join them to make one big VOB file. But i want to make them follow each other smoothly with effects. I dont want to encode them into MPEG or anything else, because i need the quality to remain DVD-quality, which means VOB.
Is there a program that lets me handle that? Join VOB files with effects? Like a standard Windows Movie Maker, but handling VOB files and outputting a VOB file…
Oh yeah, its got to be freeware :(. Any help would really be MUCH appreciated. I’ve been looking around and couldnt find anything. Perhaps someone can help me :slight_smile: Thanks !

Um, VOB is MPEG2, simply re-name the files to .mpg. There’s no conversion involved.

There are any number of problems here. Number one, I’m not sure you are allowed to post about movies you’ve rented and cut out chunks…fair use allows small excerpts for reviews, parody and some other uses, but compiling a new work from these excerpts may be stretching the boundaries. Not my place to make a judgment on this, so the mods will have to come in and decide.

A vob file is a container format that uses mpeg2 for the video. You can rename it with an .mpeg extension and it will play in a media player, so you aren’t degrading quality by moving from vob to mpeg.
You can also use Vob2Mpeg to convert them without losing quality.

A free editor for mpeg would be something like VirtualDubMod or VirtualDub-Mpeg2. AviDemux can also handle mpeg files.

For your effects, you may have to use AviSynth scripts in combination with VDubMod. Depends on what you are trying to do.

To get back to dvd format, you’ll need an authoring program. A free one is GUIforDVDAuthor.

[QUOTE=Arkguil;1942988]Hello,
I’m doing this video with loads of scenes from different movies. [B]All the movies i could think of which had a treasure and/or gold in them i rented[/B], decrypted and using Cutter XP i cut out the treasure/gold scenes i was interested in. So now i have about 30 VOB files. I want to join them to make one big VOB file. But i want to make them follow each other smoothly with effects. I dont want to encode them into MPEG or anything else, because i need the quality to remain DVD-quality, which means VOB.
Is there a program that lets me handle that? Join VOB files with effects? Like a standard Windows Movie Maker, but handling VOB files and outputting a VOB file…
Oh yeah, its got to be freeware :(. Any help would really be MUCH appreciated. I’ve been looking around and couldnt find anything. Perhaps someone can help me :slight_smile: Thanks ![/QUOTE]

Please read the forum rules.