Edit images

What program should i use to edit clonecd images. winiso doesn’t work because when i try to burn the edited image with clonecd it says that the .sub file doesn’t match the image file. I don’t burn with nero or roxio because they produce errors, and clone cd doesn’t (0 errors!!! and with nero and roxio thousands, checked with nero cd speed). I have an asus crw-4816a firmware rev. 1.12. Thank you!

And is there a program like winiso that creates images of files stored on the hdd and that are compatible with clonecd ? (have the extension .ccd, and also create a .img and .sub file)

Originally posted by Cotocat
And is there a program like winiso that creates images of files stored on the hdd and that are compatible with clonecd ? (have the extension .ccd, and also create a .img and .sub file)

files that are stored on the hard drive don’t have subchannel data, so there would not need to be a *.sub file, so honestly, you could use BIN/CUE images, and I think that about anything will make those.

Originally posted by compu44
[B]

I think that about anything will make those. [/B]

what do you mean? winiso won’t edit cue files, that are made by clonecd. Only the img file.

[B]

files that are stored on the hard drive don’t have subchannel data, so there would not need to be a *.sub file, so honestly, you could use BIN/CUE images, and I think that about anything will make those. [/B]
What?

What program should i use to edit clonecd images. winiso doesn’t work because when i try to burn the edited image with clonecd it says that the .sub file doesn’t match the image file.

If subs form part of the image files, you can’t burn an edited image for the very reason that clonecd gave you.

No.

files that are stored on the hard drive don’t have subchannel data, so there would not need to be a *.sub file, so honestly, you could use BIN/CUE images, and I think that about anything will make those.

Really. :wink: Care to name one. :rolleyes:

(Btw Cotocat, there are a number of programs that can make iso images of files on your hard drive but AFAIK there isn’t any program that will make a bin/cue image of such files.)

Originally posted by philamber
[B]
If subs form part of the image files, you can’t burn an edited image for the very reason that clonecd gave you.

No.

Really. :wink: Care to name one. :rolleyes:

(Btw Cotocat, there are a number of programs that can make iso images of files on your hard drive but AFAIK there isn’t any program that will make a bin/cue image of such files.) [/B]

I will have to check on this, but I think that fireburner can do it.

winiso can make the iso, the convert it to a bin/cue;)

I will have to check on this, but I think that fireburner can do it.

Fireburner 1.06 can make iso images but not bin/cue images. Fireburner 2.17 can’t do either.

hmm. I know that I have seen this function in SOMETHING… Problem is that I have used so many screwball CD-R programs that I have several more to go through. So far I’ve tried
Nero
Roxio
Fireburner
CDRWIN3
Hotburn

Still going to try
Padus (this one is likely, bin/cue is the padus native format)

NTI CD maker

Gear

Click ‘n’ burn pro

CDMate

Still going to try
Padus (this one is likely, bin/cue is the padus native format)

No it isn’t. Native format for discjuggler is .cdi. Sorry.

Bin/cue is native format for CdrWin (but you’ve already tried that one). :wink:

yep, discovered that one. I’m trying to get a copy of CDRWIN5 to try, since I now know that CDRWIN 3 won’t do it. I know y’all think i’m full of shit but I know that I have used a program that would let you create bin/cue from files on your hard drive.

…I’m trying to get a copy of CDRWIN5 to try, since I now know that CDRWIN 3 won’t do it.
February 15, 2003 - Version 3.9C update is now available
…I know y’all think i’m full of shit…
…not at all - see if you can find what you’re looking for.

it’s odd that there is no mention of the 5 version of CDRWIN on the link that you sent. however, I did find it on www.cdrsoft.cc under downloads;goldenhawk

I’ll give that one a try.

just wondering, at what number of posts does a person become a “senior member”. I just noticed that mine was now on Senior member, and last I remember I was just a “member”