Edit/delete posts disabled?

Has this forum feature been disabled? I wanted to remove this post of mine because I found out how to do it in the end.

This feature is disabled yes. I will remove the thread for you.

I have a similar problem editing my posts : if i logout, then login later, the edit button is no longer here, even though i appear to be online. Is this a disabled feature too ?

Editting has been limited to 30 mins.

The reason for this can be read here.

If a flamewar is started we want to be able to see what the original posts were
and if users are able to change their original post, we cannot settle the argument.

But what if not ? And what if one just wants to corrert his/her typos in 31 or more min ?
Anyway, I don’t think this is a good ground for disabling the Edit/Delete feature.
In case if someone wishes to catch the flamer and prove it afterwards,
let him/her just goto : File > Save As…and save the page to HDD
or press the Prt Scr button to save the snapshot containing the “desired” evidence.

Perhaps there are much more suitable ways of solving these kinds of issues,
that wouldn’t cause any limitations to the innocent and loyal members.

Your opinion is noted but we will continue to use this method. Saving a page is not ideal and it’s impossible for us to know if the saved page is indeed the original page. Images / saved pages can easily be altered as you will understand.

And what if one just wants to corrert his/her typos in 31 or more min ?
I don’t think this will happen often. If someone posts a reply he/she can look over it and correct any errors. If the user wants to edits the message after 30 minutes he/she can simple add a reply to the thread.

Perhaps there are much more suitable ways of solving these kinds of issues,
that wouldn’t cause any limitations to the innocent and loyal members.

Our method seems fair to me and the limitations are not that great. I understand what you’re saying but in order to keep things ‘fair’ we feel it’s best to not let user’s edit their own posts after a certain amount of time.

I hope you understand.

Thanks, G@M3FR3@K.

About the no editing after 30 mins rule, maybe people could just use the “Quote” button? :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s what they do now, but that’s not the case if you understand it.

But if there is something that needs to be canstantly edited then it would become a problem.

If this is the case, you can contact a mod/admin to help you out.

In my opinion, there is no reason why regular users should be able to edit their posts after a certain amount of time (i.c. 30 minutes). In all my time as a member of this forum, I never had to have a post edited after the editing time expired…

So what if you made a typo, you’re human…you’re allowed to make mistakes. As said, such mistakes can easily be corrected by replying to the thread (consider it an erratum, which is very common in the world of the written word)

It’s just that I’ve had threads that need to be updated constantly.

What I meant was that since this rule apparently is for keeping people involved in flamewars from changing what they said previously…suppose “Bob” quotes “Adam”, even if “Adam” edits his post, “Bob’s” quote is still there so “Adam” can’t say ‘I didn’t say that…’

That’s why quoting can fix this problem.

Not that I’m trying to tell the admins how they should run this forum or anything but it seems that other forums using the similar UBB code get along just fine with their flamewars, quotes and no “no edit” rules - without the admins having to resort to restricting everyone just because of some people.

That’s fair.

Let me just remind you, that there was no ‘Edit/Delete’ time expiration in the former vBulletin.

Guys, as I said we understand that there is a negative side to the restrictions but for us and the members in general, it’s the best method. I’m sure other forums work just fine without restrictions but Club CD Freaks is bigger than your average forum… We want this place to have a friendly atmosphere where people can help each other. In order to do this we must have some rules and restrictions.

What I meant was that since this rule apparently is for keeping people involved in flamewars from changing what they said previously…suppose “Bob” quotes “Adam”, even if “Adam” edits his post, “Bob’s” quote is still there so “Adam” can’t say ‘I didn’t say that…’

Although you have a point here there are two possible problems with this. For one, quotes can also be edited and secondly, not everyone will remember to quote someone when he/she does something ‘bad’.

Anyway, as I said before, I hope you understand and can live with this. Let’s be friends :wink: