Edit a video

hi there,

i have downloaded a video that was in english but it has been translated in a different language which i do not understand.

when i play the video i can still hear the english version in the background and in the forground, the foreign language has been translated.

is it possible that the first layer (the foreign translation) can be removed. is there such a software that is able to separate the sounds of the video so that i can i get the english layer thats in the back ground.

please assist.

thanks in advance.
cheers
hWh

Sorry to say that unless the english is only in one channel, or a separate audio track likely not.

This just sounds like a non-legal rip.

Where did you get the flick from?

[QUOTE=hackwashere;2286111]hi there,

i have downloaded a video that was in english but it has been translated in a different language which i do not understand.

when i play the video i can still hear the english version in the background and in the forground, the foreign language has been translated.

is it possible that the first layer (the foreign translation) can be removed. is there such a software that is able to separate the sounds of the video so that i can i get the english layer thats in the back ground.

please assist.

thanks in advance.
cheers
hWh[/QUOTE]

hmmm… do u know of any software that is able to separate the video from the audio??

i know with sound forge, the audio can be separated if 2 or more audio is present in layers…

chef: it got it from rapidshare

You should be able to extract the audio from most video formats with AviDemux. It is free to use.

AviDemux? is it good and stable… where can i download it from??

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

Read the wiki docs for instructions on using the program. If your files are mpeg2, make sure to read some of the entries under Cutting Mpeg files.

the file is of AVI format. i was thinking of separating the audio from video and then separate the english audio and the foreign audio. remove the foreign audio and then join the english audio with the video… confusing??? any chance that this even could be possible…

olyteddy answered that with his post. The English audio would have to be on a separate channel or the avi would have to have more than one audio track, which is unlikely.