Ebay\paypal sucks

vbimport

Ebay and paypal customer service sucks. They did away with chat and email now you can only go through a maze of pages then get a phone number that goes to Asia. I am in the USA and do not want to talk to someone in Asia. I called over an over and every time I got Asia. I started just saying over and over no understand need some one who speaks USA English. I would hang up on them and then I would call back and again no understand transfer to USA need someone in USA of America. There is one law and I hate our government passing laws telling business how to run there business but we need this one, It should say any large company doing business in the USA must have a customer service in the USA that the customer can talk to.
I am not done with Ebay but figure that I will just let the person who is sending me the item after he cancel the sale to send it to me, then I will tell ebay if you want me to send it back have ups come bay with box and label already and they can pick it up.

EBay you suck

[QUOTE=samlar;2674495]Ebay and paypal customer service sucks. They did away with chat and email now you can only go through a maze of pages then get a phone number that goes to Asia. I am in the USA and do not want to talk to someone in Asia. I called over an over and every time I got Asia. I started just saying over and over no understand need some one who speaks USA English. I would hang up on them and then I would call back and again no understand transfer to USA need someone in USA of America. There is one law and I hate our government passing laws telling business how to run there business but we need this one, It should say any large company doing business in the USA must have a customer service in the USA that the customer can talk to.
I am not done with Ebay but figure that I will just let the person who is sending me the item after he cancel the sale to send it to me, then I will tell ebay if you want me to send it back have ups come bay with box and label already and they can pick it up.

EBay you suck[/QUOTE]
I’m with you samlar it get’s my goat to call for help from an American company to get a person that you very understand. How do they expect to help you if the operator can hardly speak your language.
It just shows they could care less if you get help.24hr. support doesn’t mean anything.

I recently had to get a new Dish receiver . The 13 year old one finally gave up.
I had to deal with an out of the US employee . I had some dificulty understanding but not too bad.
Here’s the kicker the tech that installed it couldn’t get the wifi to work .
This is mostly for payperview which I don’t use any way. He thought I had the wrong password but I didn’t. I told him it is the way I have my router &
router/modem set up. The rest of the story . A few days later a Dish employee called about trying to set up the wifi again . This one was obviously a US citizen that spoke American English. So when it is something a company wants they manage to have someone you can understand call. I just said not interested.
Dish seemed a bit pushy to get a device that has access to my router & Internet.

Almost all companies I deal with will when I ask the person on the line
where they are at and they say Asia will transfer me to someone in the USA when I say I do not want to speak to them. If everyone would ask to be transferred to someone in the USA then the companies would stop sending the calls overseas to start with. In Ebay that would not be the case they have already decided that Greed is what is important to them not the customer.

[QUOTE=marloyd;2674502]I’m with you samlar it get’s my goat to call for help from an American company to get a person that you very understand. How do they expect to help you if the operator can hardly speak your language.
It just shows they could care less if you get help.24hr. support doesn’t mean anything.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you and I think they use it as a method of discouraging support calls. :rolleyes:

[B]Wombler[/B]

I found online a whole list of numbers for all different people at ebay\paypal and have called over 20 of them and left messages for them to call me. As my wife can tell you I do not give up.

This link will allow you to email ebay hope a lot of people use it

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUs&wftype=2004&rcode=GS%3DCU0756&subject=Suggestions+about+the+Resolution+Center&bcrumb=Help>Contact%20us

It started off with promise but the few bad EBay experiences I’ve had stopped us from dealings years ago. I read one excellent suggestion, quite Nationalistic, where a law could be passed to allow any nation’s buyers to halt a credit-card purchase when dealing with sellers outside of their national borders.

THAT would stop any vendor from (1) selling outside of their judicial region, or (2) from screwing up customers simply because they were ‘foreign’ and the vendor could delay, drag on or feign ignorance. If they want money AND do it across a border, make them share the risk.

I’ve had very few problems with ebay over all.
I don’t sell but I buy .
My biggest complaint is ebay is set up for the sellers.
They can basically pull out of a deal with no repercussions.
The commom pull out is the item was damaged while packing so can’t be sold because it is no longer as described.
If a buyer pulls out it goes against their reputation & a buyer is only allowed I think 3 of those before the account is suspended for a time period.
In other words the buyers bid is viewed as a contract by ebay.
A sellers acceptance of a bid is apparently not.
A law suit would be possible but I don’t think it is that easy small claims sueing someone out of your state. I bet actually collecting is even harder.

I have sold ONE thing so far and it went fine but that was years ago when I first started out.
I also got screwed once on a deal for a car OBD2 computer reader that was too good a deal to be true, it was. The seller setup a quick account, made some penny buys to get good feedback, then listed all kinds of stuff he didn’t have and made many thousands of dollars and disappeared.
Luckily I only lost 125 but many user who contacted me from all over the world lost thousands.
Pay Pal was absolutely no help, they wanted a copy of the receipt from Florida of him cashing my money order to start to do anything and I had no clue how I was supposed to get that.
Other then that my dealings have been fine, I check feedback much more carefully and I always get what I paid for, usually in a reasonable amount of time and exactly as stated.
I generally buy things I can’t get locally for a good deal that I can afford to wait for.

yeah i disagree cholla. as a buyer eBay protects you more than as a seller. ive been burned three times by sellers in the last year. eBay didnt side withe me in all three cases and forced me to return the sellers money. on top of which they still collected.their cut of the auction price, the shipping fee, and my payment through paypal. in one case i lost additional money because the seller waited until the last dayout of thirty days to.dispute. so by the time i got the hard drive back the market had turned and i had to relist for less.

[QUOTE=yojimbo197;2674703]yeah i disagree cholla. as a buyer eBay protects you more than as a seller. ive been burned three times by sellers in the last year. eBay didnt side withe me in all three cases and forced me to return the sellers money. on top of which they still collected.their cut of the auction price, the shipping fee, and my payment through paypal. in one case i lost additional money because the seller waited until the last dayout of thirty days to.dispute. so by the time i got the hard drive back the market had turned and i had to relist for less.[/QUOTE]

From your example I don’t understand where we disagree ?

It seems you were the buyer & got burned by the sellers.
ebay protected the sellers in your example.

I thought that is what I posted.

sorry. myce and my mobile browser got me all twisted around . i meant to say that i was screwed 3times last year when i sold things on ebay. ebay refused to consider my appeals, even when i knew that the hard drive in question worked before i sent it. i ended up having to refund the purchase price, the shipping cost. while ebay still took out its percentage on the purchase price, tje shipping charge, and my original payment.

Understood yojimbo197 . I guess it can work both ways .
I guess it just ticks me off when I get a great price & it is obvious that it is lower than the seller wanted. So the sale is stopped with an excuse .Like the one I posted.
Another example is I bought a poster that was supposed to be an original.
It wasn’t but I liked it anyway & didn’t want to return it but maybe get a partial refund from the seller. No help from ebay on that . So I e-mailed ebay that this eller was misrepresenting the poster as original when it was a reproduction. It is apparent ebay did nothing as the seller continued to do this for two more years.
I guess she finally ran out of the reproductions.

Come to think of it I was trying to buy a ATI 1950 video card when it was the best bang for buck they had out, found a seller with a great starting bid, won the auction then never heard anything else about it.
He decided he was selling it too low and just canceled the whole auction, claimed he sent me a message about it and all that but it was obvious he just didn’t want to sell it cheap. I finally agree that I wont leave you negative and you don’t leave me any either as he hadn’t taken my money yet or anything but it was pretty exasperating to get a great deal on a really nice card then not get it after all.
I ended up getting a 1900 version from my builder friend and I think it still works great in the latest box I built for my mom from my leftover parts. It does seem that everything is going for the seller these days but they’ve changed a lot of things to make it harder to leave negatives and like that. Still though overall my experinecs have been fine, just have to watch the feedback and buy from established and good rated sellers.
I just got two batteries and a charger for my Canon T3 camera and the whole lot was 22.65 shipped all in new packaging with a decent warranty and the camera actually thinks the batteries are OEM, shows the battery level and everything and not all the cheap knockoffs out now do that.