Ebay blu ray deals

Hellow I’m kind of a newbie here.:o

I’m looking for a blu-ray player, because I just bought the latest DVDFab version (which I preffered over Anydvd) and now my nephew told me something that you can find great deals on eBay but I’m totally unfamiliar with this.

Can someone please help me out, or at least point me in the right direction?:bow:

Maybe my nephew is wrong but he’s usually very good at these internet things.

You can [I]sometimes[/I] get a good deal on ebay, but only if you are patient and don’t get caught up in a bidding game. Decide what your “good” price limit is and stick to it. Do a search, click a couple to watch… and wait. It could take a week or 2, or it could take a day. Just stick to your price… AND READ THE FEEDBACK. Unfortunately there are not as many good deals as there use to be. The site has be taken over by “internet stores” and some of them have outrageously high prices and make ridiculous claims. Do some research… Know what you want and what the going price is, check out Newegg.com for prices, most of the time you’ll get it cheaper there and and have a reputable company backing it. Pick a price 15%-20% lower than the going rate and stick to it. Otherwise you are better just going to the 'Egg where there are warranties and no risks. Good luck.

By the way, are you looking for a standalone player, a bluray drive (reader) or a burner? You didn’t make that clear.

Honestly the market is flooded with so many electronics that seem to be fixed within $20-$30 of retail (on ebay) so that by the time you factor in shipping costs and the hassle of no guarantee of warranty it is rarely worth it. IMHO you are much better off these days going to sites such as www.slickdeals.net, www.fatwallet.com, www.techbargains.com and actually having them do the retail/e-tail bargain shopping for you and purchasing one on a good sale/discount.

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;2298553]Honestly the market is flooded with so many electronics that seem to be fixed within $20-$30 of retail (on ebay) so that by the time you factor in shipping costs and the hassle of no guarantee of warranty it is rarely worth it. IMHO you are much better off these days going to sites such as www.slickdeals.net, www.fatwallet.com, www.techbargains.com and actually having them do the retail/e-tail bargain shopping for you and purchasing one on a good sale/discount.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but check Newegg first. They’re very reputable and half the time they are the “slickdeal”.

Hi thank you for your reactions.

I’m looking for a standalone blu ray player I guess? Like a DVD player that goes with my TV, but then for blu-ray disks.

So you guys would recommend Newegg over Ebay?

Hmm these things just move so fast nowadays, hard to keep track where to find the best deals.

I heard some companies sell through ebay too, can they be trusted or do they have problems with warranties etc?

Thanks again for the input!

Here is what I bought. Unbelievable price $205. You have to add it to your cart to see the price. You won’t find this very good player any where near this price. Check it out at a few other sites and see.

http://www.electronics-expo.com/make-a-store/item/PANDMPBD60%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20/Panasonic/DMPBD60/1.html