EasyVCD bin/cue problems

Help! :o

Here’s the deal - I can start a DVD rip no problem. It rips the vobs OK, goes thru DVD2AVI, BeSweet, etc., etc… Then it starts the TMPGenc (or however it’s spelled) and runs for about 6 hours for a 1:30 movie. In EasyVCD I selected normal VCD, high quality, and limit to 1 CD.

When it’s done, it says “your bin/cue is in <some directory>”, but IT’S NOT THERE! :confused:

I’ve tried it with a short run, selected a chain that was about 12 minutes, and when it was done, the bin/cue was there. But I’m not having much luck with long rips. I’ve tried with and without “delete temporary files”.

Do I have to keep the DVD in the drive the whole time? I thought it’s ok to remove the DVD when it’s finished ripping the vobs (like when the TMPGenc is running).

I did manage to get ONE long rip done, when I specified very low-quality.

Lastly - I didn’t install their WNASPI32.dll as it seems EVERY program wants it’s own wnaspi32.dll and when I tried another program’s, it mangled up Nero so I restored the Microsoft version back to \windows\system32.

This board :bow: has been a TON of help as a while ago I didn’t even know about LiteONs and Taiyo Yudens! Thanks all! :bow:
-keith

Originally posted by keefyboy
[B]Help! :o

Here’s the deal - I can start a DVD rip no problem. It rips the vobs OK, goes thru DVD2AVI, BeSweet, etc., etc… Then it starts the TMPGenc (or however it’s spelled) and runs for about 6 hours for a 1:30 movie. In EasyVCD I selected normal VCD, high quality, and limit to 1 CD.

When it’s done, it says “your bin/cue is in <some directory>”, but IT’S NOT THERE! :confused:
[/B]

I don’t think you can fit a 1:30 movie onto 1 cd if normal VCD, high quality is selected. I would think you’d have to split it into 2 cds with that selection or, if you want to squeeze the movie onto 1 cd, make an xvcd instead.

GAH, you’re probably right! :o

I would have thought that the program would have had checks on something like that - if it requires 2 CDs on high it would force a 2 CD minimum.

I must have been thinking that the quality selector just meant how much CPU it takes up or something… I’ll have to try your idea and post back tonight. Thanks for the help! :smiley:
-keith

vcd 80 mins will fit on standard 80 min / 700 mb cd - as far as i remember. im going to move this to one of the divx forums

Heh, seems to have worked…
I set it before “File split: No file split (limit to 1 CD)”
Set it next time to 74 min / 650 MB CD-R and it worked OK…

Learn something new all the time… Thanks all! :slight_smile:
-keith