Easy newbie DVDfab qestion

vbimport

I have read all the guides, and for some reason cant find this. I understand the difference between all the modes, but how come the only mode that will play a burned disc in a normal DVD player is clone. All the other modes some to make a data disc only. Is that right? or can I make a main movie only playable DVD?

Thanks Justin

Sure you can, that’s one of the better modes for a single layer disc. A lot of the movies will fit a 4.7 SL disc with no or very little compression loss without all the menus and extra stuff.

i really like main movie mode as well. i made a video showing how i have dvdfab set-up to always select main movie, one audio track and no subtitles.

http://youtube.com/user/dvdfabtroy

Very nice video Troy, that should help Justin get rid of all the extra stuff.

~Steve~

Thanks for the help its working now. I do however have another quick question.

When doing main movie. I can switch between the dvd9 and dvd5 obviously. It says both are the same size like 4634. Will it matter if I use DVD9 with a DL disc, or will it be the same quality as DVD5 with SL disc. I just want to know if it is worth wasting a DL disc on a main movie only of that size. I do want the best burn possible though.

Thnks Justin

[QUOTE=jrlamettry;2017962]Thanks for the help its working now. I do however have another quick question.

When doing main movie. I can switch between the dvd9 and dvd5 obviously. It says both are the same size like 4634. Will it matter if I use DVD9 with a DL disc, or will it be the same quality as DVD5 with SL disc. I just want to know if it is worth wasting a DL disc on a main movie only of that size. I do want the best burn possible though.

Thnks Justin[/QUOTE]

DVD9 (DL) will give you better quality becuase there is no compression but at the same time at the size of 4634 there will be very little compression so you can use a DVD5(SL) and you may find very little difference in picture quality you can change the size of the write size to the DVD5 in common settings to 4464 and have even less compression,…but dont go over that becuase you dont want to get to close to the edge of the disc…4400 is a safe write size for DVD5

I would use a SL disc for that, DVD-5. A DL would be a terrible waste of space and money.

[QUOTE=jrlamettry;2017962]… I do want the best burn possible though.

Thnks Justin[/QUOTE]

best burn…stick with single layer

best quality…dual layer

id suggest going no lower than 85%. however, depending on your home theater setup, this is something which you will have to test. there is alot of information about compression and quality. more compression does not necessarily mean less quality. depends on the original dvd.

i used SL on everything, even if the compression is 54% like on season discs, and they play awesomely!