Easy CloneCD Questions

vbimport

I'm running the latest CloneCD 4 Beta 21, and have a couple of simple questions:

• Is there some easy way to pull up created images and delete them from within CloneCd? I know you can pull up a file directory in the Write from ImageFile dialog. But I've got a computer where I don't have a CDRW-drive, and just use my CD-ROM drive to create images for use with Daemon Tools. Because there's no CDRW-drive, I can't find an easy way within CloneCD to list and delete images created by CloneCD.

• Is there a way to have the Eject Media function turned on for only the Read to ImageFile dialog, and turned off for the Write from ImageFile dialog. I always want to eject media after reading it, but most times I don't want the media ejected from my CDRW-drive after burning a CD since I want to test it.

Minor questions I know. But thought I'd ask.

I give it a try…

Question one…I am not sure what you are asking…Are trying to delete an image file from inside clonecd???..why not just open the file and right click on it to delete it…I can do this within clonecd when it asks to write from file…get the box to choose file to write instead of clicking on it…highlight it…right click and you should get the option to delete it…

Question 2… I think you can only only enable/disable of ejecting the written media but it would be nice if there was a an option to eject the media being read after the read…maybe Olli will consider adding this option…

Originally posted by nealh
…but it would be nice if there was a an option to eject the media being read after the read…
You can, through settings

Info:

It is highly recommended to eject the media after every write or simulated write. A lot of writers deliver a wrong TOC or still believe the CDR is empty after RAW writing.

"Info:

It is highly recommended to eject the media after every write or simulated write. A lot of writers deliver a wrong TOC or still believe the CDR is empty after RAW writing."

I found that Olli…and always wonder why

Thanks Futureproof …I was mistaken…nice to know the feature is available…I iwll have to enable it

Originally posted by Nealth
Question one…I am not sure what you are asking…Are trying to delete an image file from inside clonecd???..why not just open the file and right click on it to delete it…I can do this within clonecd when it asks to write from file…get the box to choose file to write instead of clicking on it…highlight it…right click and you should get the option to delete it…

Yes, I’m trying to delete an image from inside CloneCD. I know I can delete it going through the Write from ImageFile dialog like you mention. But, I’ve got a computer without a CD-writer and the Write from ImageFile dialog is not available, and so I can’t delete an image file from within CloneCD. Even though it’s minor, I still wish CloneCD had this option. Thanks for your response though, Nealth. I appreciate it! :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Olli
It is highly recommended to eject the media after every write or simulated write. A lot of writers deliver a wrong TOC or still believe the CDR is empty after RAW writing.

I guess I’ll set the eject media option to be always on then since I always want it on anyway for after reading media. Thanks for clearing that up, Olli.

sorry I could not be a bigger help…