Easy CD creator 4.0 does not recognise CRW-F1

Dear members

I bought a CRW-F1 yesterday. I am in UAE - DUbai, It came with a bundled NERo software but I already had a copy of Easy CD creator 4.0 and Direct CD 3.0 from my previous yamaha burner. Now this new CRW 44X is not recognised by easy cd creator. Can anyone please help me. I do not like Nero specially because Incd does not support CDR whereas Direct cd fully supports CDR too. I did go to the local dealer but he is also not able to help.

regards

Ali

This drive is not even in the ECDC v5 list of supported recorders so you have no chance it will work with v4. You might want to contact Roxio about planned upgrades and purchase v5 when it supports your drive. Until then, use the bundled Nero for burninging CDRs and InCD for CDRW media. Offhand, I don’t know of any other packet writer that will work with CDRs though others may.

Originally posted by abdalian
[B]Dear members

I bought a CRW-F1 yesterday. I am in UAE - DUbai, It came with a bundled NERo software but I already had a copy of Easy CD creator 4.0 and Direct CD 3.0 from my previous yamaha burner. Now this new CRW 44X is not recognised by easy cd creator. Can anyone please help me. I do not like Nero specially because Incd does not support CDR whereas Direct cd fully supports CDR too. I did go to the local dealer but he is also not able to help.

regards

Ali [/B]

Originally posted by abdalian
I do not like Nero specially because Incd does not support CDR whereas Direct cd fully supports CDR too.
You don’t have to use InCD when you use Nero! You can continue using DirectCD in combination with Nero. Just don’t use InCD and DirectCD since that will give you problems. I would recommend you get rid of Easy CD Creator 4 since it’s outdated and will not work with your recorder. Then delete DirectCD and make sure all traces of Easy CD Creator and DirectCD are gone. Then do a fresh install of Nero Burning Rom and if possible upgrade to the latest version, 5.5.9.14 since this version has some fixes (after installing Nero you can upgrade with versions from www.nero.com for free). After you have installed Nero install the latest version of DirectCD. I don’t know where you can get this but I’m sure our search function can help you with that or some other members here. Good luck!

This duplicate post answered at http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=323070#post323070