Easy CD and DVD 6.0 opinions

vbimport

Have your tried this new version? If so how did you like and what were the + and - of it.

I guess nobody is interested on Roxio products anymore:bigsmile:

I will be waiting for the 6.0 ver of Nero…:cool:

I’ll stick with Nero.

:cool:

Creator 6 seems to be a lot more stable than creator 5, it has quite a few more features too.

I have not had any problems whatsoever with this version of Easy Cd Creator:bigsmile:

I like it, 4 and 5 sucked but 6 is a major improvement. The disk spanning feature is very useful and Drag to Disc i smuch better then DirectCD.

It’s still bloated as hell but at least it’s stable.

I been trying it some and it has some nice stuff. The audio player is not bad and plays all formats like ogg, wma, and mp3. It will even convert between formats and also burn ogg files on the fly when you want to burn an audio cd from them. Much more stable the the previous ver. Will burn iso files but not bin. The VCD part of it is a little funky but it made a decent vcd menu. I like it but you probably want to keep your nero and others for other things. I have Nero and EZcd 6.0 and I have no conflicts or anything so far:bigsmile:

I have not had any problems whatsoever with this version of Easy Cd Creator

i am also one of them who never had any problems with EZCD 5.

i personally like it.

this doesn’t mean i hate nero. i use both.

but, i must admit that recently i’ve been using nero more than ezcd. don’t know why?

:slight_smile:

Where the hell can you get version 6, I can only find version5

There is no trial version. You have to purchase EZCD 6.0.

I wrote a review on EZCD 6 that is posted on ActiveWin.

This version is very stable. Copy to CD (the replacement for DirectCD) works well.

About the only problem I have run into since doing the review was on converting WMA files to MP3 format. Tried to convert about 170 in one shot…about half way thru I tried to cancel and the program locked and errored out. My guess is that trying to convert 170 files at once overtaxed the program.

cp
:stuck_out_tongue:

I haven’t seen it in the shops yet.

i’ve never had any problems with any of the version i’ve used from 2.5 to 6. i only use it for multisession anymore though. and i never install any packet writing software. i never could stand nero and it did trash my operating system once.

the only complaint i have for verion 6 is that when you make vcd, the quality of the video won’t turn out good like it did in easy cd creator 5, in fact, the vcd quality that this software produce is even worse than what nero can produce

Easy cd creator 5 was the best at producing vcd quality even though it doesnt’ have a lot of advance stuff like pretty menus

Quote: One Eyed Jedi - "Copy to CD (the replacement for DirectCD) works well. "

I’m planning on using some form of packet writing for storing data on DVD+RW. I was going to use Ahead’s InCD, but would I be better going for this new Copy to CD?

Adam - Many people have had problems with InCD (and DirectCD) under Win2000/WinXP (myself included).

Roxio’s new “Drag to Disk” (oops…I refered to it previously as “copy to CD” - my error) seems to work very well. It does support copying to a DVD-RW or DVD+RW disk.

Thanks. Perhaps I’ll now try uninstalling InCD and using Drag to Disk instead.

Anybody else with experience (limited I guess since Easy CD/DVD Creator 6 is so new).

ZDnet gave it a 6 out of 10 not exactly a glowing review.

review

Read it for yourself.

I hope Nero adds spanning that feature is a must have !

PC Mag’s US version rated it four out of five - http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,894321,00.asp

Go figure…

Originally posted by One Old Jedi
This version is very stable. Copy to CD (the replacement for DirectCD) works well.
:stuck_out_tongue:

is there anything new in Copy to CD. Or is it just DirectCD with a different name ?

Originally posted by TerminatorShawn
[B]

is there anything new in Copy to CD. Or is it just DirectCD with a different name ? [/B]

It’s called Roxio Drag to Disc and truthfully no it’s pretty standard except a lot more stable.

It’s to bad disc spanning wasn’t included with Drag to Disc, it only works with CD Creator.