Easy CD 6.0

I was accepted as a beta tester for Easy Cd Creator 6.0 by Roxio. I take NDA’s serioulsy, but I think I ca say with out violating it that the new version is great! I can’t believe this is a beta, MUCH more stable right off the start than 5.0 ever was. Nice features, and for general burning I would say it surpasses Nero, (which I use). I would say Roxio has a winner with this one.

Any impressions on DirectCD support for CD-MRW (Mt. Rainier)? Some obvious things to test are compatibility with discs formatted with earlier versions, readibility in other drives on the same system, scandisc etc. Apparently both Roxio and Ahead follow MS in concentrating on new features alone, without testing reliability. I’ve always wondered if they did any beta testing. Now I’ll know whom to blame… Joking, of course; I’ll appreciate your impressions.

Roxio is loserzz :slight_smile:

When Easy CD 6.0 Release , Nero 6.0 also realease ,too…Beat them all :slight_smile:

Great. I have expected this 6.0 version of Easy CD Creator to be great and get some of the lost market share back for Roxio.

@yj4x4

Could you send me some screenshots of EZCD 6.0.

I am a great fan of EZCD.

I can’t wait for it to be out.

Again, because of the non disclosure agreement I will not go into a lot of details. But first let me say I HATED 5.0. I think it was the buggiest piece of crap that it was ever my misfortune to come across, and the ONLY thing I liked about it was the label creator.
So, 6.0 comes as a pleasant suprise. Yes, it still needs some work, yes, not everyone will be happy with it. But for most general purpose burning of cd’s & dvd’s for the average and even advanced users, it’s gonna be an excellent product. No, it’s not gonna make 1:1 copies of protected disks, use Clone or Alchohol for that. But if you want to make dvd’s from your camcorder, burn some mp3’s or ogg’s to an audio cd, make a picture disk, or any other general use, it will do the job, and do it well.

Thanks for the info. I don’t think you’re violating the NDA as you haven’t revealed any specifics. But it sounds like Roxio learned a hard lesson. EZCD 5 was flawed out of the box and didn’t get any better (I had a system with a ZIP, DVD and CDRW and Win2000 - EZCD 5 killed it instantly).

So, Screenshots are out of question ???

You can send them privately via e-mail, if you hesitate to post in public.

darshanjog - ya understand the potential consequences if he sends these to you? They could be leaked to the web, traced back to him, and Roxio can take legal action. I’d say screen shots are out of the question.

OK, its illegal.

But, how can anyone trace him just from screenshots. i think thats impossible.

There must be 1000s of beta testers. I don’t think they all must be abiding to the rules.

Let me make myself clear - This is just my opinion. I am not forcefully demanding screenshots.

The same way ID know’s who leaked DOOM III, they know

Well guys, it’s like this,
I bought my first computer in 1980. I was running a BBS off of 4 8" floppy drives within a couple of months. I’ve run pirate boards, traded software, hacked, phreaked, and all that most likely longer than most of you have been alive. But throughout all that time, I’ve maintained one standard. And that is if I’m beta testing I honor the NDA. I don’t give out the software, and I’m sorry to say darshanjog, that includes screen shots too. Not because I’m afraid of legal action One Old Jedi, just that I prefer not to betray the trust in this one matter. yea I know, kinda mixed morals there, but that’s the way I am. So, Sorry! I’ll feed bits of info as I can, but I’m sure someone will leak a beta copy anyway, so you should not have too long to wait to see for yourself.

LEAK LEAK LEAK! SOONER SOONER SOONER! :bigsmile:

Isn’t it funny that 90% of people who have had adaptic then roxio burning programs wont even use them as for 4.0 and 5.0 are real bad! Not only that but we (the 90%) wont even use a free version or piret version of their software it’s just that bad of a program. It will be nice (if i have the guts to try it) to use 6.0 jsut to see if and how good it realy is… :Z

Originally posted by rimper1
Isn’t it funny that 90% of people who have had adaptic then roxio burning programs wont even use them as for 4.0 and 5.0 are real bad! Not only that but we (the 90%) wont even use a free version or piret version of their software it’s just that bad of a program. It will be nice (if i have the guts to try it) to use 6.0 jsut to see if and how good it realy is… :Z

After EZ Coaster Creator 3.0 totally fubar’d my system, I have NEVER installed or let alone considered installing another Roxio/adaptrash product on my machine (besides aspi layer.) If there is ever a Uni-bomber II the sequel, I would not shed a tear if he struck at their offices :wink: . It’s bad enough to pay for software that doesn’t work right but when it makes my other programs not work right too?..Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Now that I got that off my chest :slight_smile: …hopefully, this new version will be good for you guys. I know many people have never had problems w/EZ CD Creator and consider it to be a great all-in-one program. If it works for you, enjoy.

I have never had any such problems w/Nero and I use that as my all-in-one type program.

I use Nero, ECD and NTI CD Maker on my system, all with success. I started with Adaptec ECD v3 about 5 years ago because the basic version came with my Ricoh 4X4X16 scsi burner and upgraded to the full version. It was OK but occasionally had some problems. Then I upgraded to v4. Big mistake. It not only didn’t work with any regularity, but each upgrade would fix one thing (maybe) and break 3 others. Eventually, it so hosed my old Win98SE system that I had to format and start over. Happily, I discovered Nero along the way. When Roxio ECD v.5 basic came with my latest burner, I installed it only because I have a second hard drive and can ghost my drive. Lo and behold, it worked well. I was back with DirectCD which always worked for me in the past while InCD never did. What I learned from this is not to hold a grudge. Sometimes even the buggiest software gets fixed.

@rmunde: Wow, you summed up my experiences with Adaptec/Roxio to a tee. I still prefer Nero overall after my experience with ECD v4, but I’ve always has better results using DirectCD as you noted.

I too used to like DIrectCD, but I stopped using Packet Writing for a while, and by the time that I began using it again, the packet writing software that came with nero had most of the bugs fixed, so I began using it. The main things that I want to know about with the new EZCD

[ul]
[li]Does it support OGG Vorbis
[/li]
[li]Does it support MP3pro
[/li]
[li]Does the Packet Writing software support Mt. Ranier
[/li][/ul]

I can only tell you that v5.1 forward does support Mt. Rainier packet-writing if your hardware does.

Originally posted by compu44
[B]I too used to like DIrectCD, but I stopped using Packet Writing for a while, and by the time that I began using it again, the packet writing software that came with nero had most of the bugs fixed, so I began using it. The main things that I want to know about with the new EZCD

[ul]
[li]Does it support OGG Vorbis
[/li]>
[li]Does it support MP3pro
[/li]>
[li]Does the Packet Writing software support Mt. Ranier
[/li]> [/ul] [/B]

yeah, I fully understand about the NDA. Nice to know about Mt Ranier.