Easter Eggs getting smaller?!

vbimport

I don’t know if folk in the US or elsewhere have seen this - but is it me, or are Easter Eggs getting smaller? Even Cadbury’s Creme Eggs seem tiny up to what they were when I was a kid.

Any smaller and they’ll be the size of marbles!

Maybe it’s just me…even things like Mars Bars seem to be shrinking! :eek:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2629320]I don’t know if folk in the US or elsewhere have seen this - but is it me, or are Easter Eggs getting smaller? Even Cadbury’s Creme Eggs seem tiny up to what they were when I was a kid.

Maybe it’s just me…even things like Mars Bars seem to be shrinking! :eek:[/QUOTE]

O yeah Arachne the prices go up and the packaging goes down… The U.S. is real bad on slipping in a smaller package for the price of the old package.The old saying were new and improved bigger box with extra stuff, but now a day their just darn sneaky and slip in the smaller package hoping you don’t notice.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2629320]I don’t know if folk in the US or elsewhere have seen this - but is it me, or are Easter Eggs getting smaller? Even Cadbury’s Creme Eggs seem tiny up to what they were when I was a kid.

Maybe it’s just me…even things like Mars Bars seem to be shrinking! :eek:[/QUOTE]

You’ll just have to buy a bigger one Arachne! :bigsmile:

You’re right though and it’s not just Easter eggs.

When I was a kid ‘Curly Wurlys’ were about a foot long, ‘Wagon Wheels’ were the size of your head and the jam used to be coming out the edges of the ‘Jammie Dodgers’!

I do think it goes in cycles though.

They keep reducing the sizes until it becomes too obvious then they introduce a ‘New special larger version!!!’ and put the price up. :rolleyes:

That’s marketing for you. :rolleyes:

If you’re just after a chocolate fix though, the smart people wait until after Easter and buy them cheap. :slight_smile:

I bought a Green & Blacks organic chocolate Easter egg last year for £1.99, original price £12. It had three large bars of Green & Black’s chocolate inside, not even counting the egg, and I bought the whole lot for less than the normal price of one of the bars of chocolate.

So good a deal it would have been just rude to refuse!! :bigsmile::bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

And look at the price of them too!

This one’s from the 1970’s.

[B]Wombler[/B]

You’re a bad influence you are :bigsmile:

You’re right though and it’s not just Easter eggs.

When I was a kid ‘Curly Wurlys’ were about a foot long, ‘Wagon Wheels’ were the size of your head and the jam used to be coming out the edges of the ‘Jammie Dodgers’!

I do think it goes in cycles though.

They keep reducing the sizes until it becomes too obvious then they introduce a ‘New special larger version!!!’ and put the price up. :rolleyes:

That’s marketing for you. :rolleyes:

Yep, you’re right about the marketing thing. My mum, everytime I go shopping with her, has a good ol’ whinge about things getting smaller. Of course it’s only when chocolate is involved that I sit up and take notice :bigsmile:

If you’re just after a chocolate fix though, the smart people wait until after Easter and buy them cheap. :slight_smile:

I bought a Green & Blacks organic chocolate Easter egg last year for £1.99, original price £12. It had three large bars of Green & Black’s chocolate inside, not even counting the egg, and I bought the whole lot for less than the normal price of one of the bars of chocolate.

So good a deal it would have been just rude to refuse!! :bigsmile::bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Ain’t that the truth! I’ve already had 2 of those 98p eggs from Morrison’s :bigsmile:…Tuesday’s shopping trip should be fun :bigsmile:

@Dougie - interesting to see the same thing going on across the pond. I thought it was just a “rip-off Britain” thing :wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2629402]You’re a bad influence you are :bigsmile:
[/QUOTE]

Well I do try my best. ;):bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Even real eggs seeem to be getting smaller .
When I buy a dozen large eggs they are the size medium used to be.
As so on on up. I guess now to get Jumbo size they will need to add a new category.
Extra Jumbo that sounds redundant.
I’ve also noticed bags of chips (American) keep getting smaller .
The gov thinks we are too fat & too stupid to buy two bags if we want more.

Maybe it’s just me…[B]even things like Mars Bars seem to be shrinking[/B]! :eek:[/QUOTE]

[B][B]Same here[/B]
The eggs in south Africa are the same size just the grading has changed to Large ,Extra large ,and Jumbo

[I]Mini egg: Willard Wigans’ creation, the worlds smallest Easter egg - so tiny it fits on the head of a pin[/I]

And it seems Easter Eggs are fewer and further between. I can remember finding them in almost every new DVD release…