Easiest way to backup blu-ray?

vbimport

I just got a PS3 and still toying around with it. I got several blu-ray movies also!

Can a PS3 backup blu-ray movie? or do I need blu-ray pc drive? I’m planning to get one in the near future and looking around the net, I can handle the cost and I have plenty of time at the moment. I also have a new PC that is quite powerful.

My plan is to be able to play the backup in my PS3. Any advice much appreciated!

[QUOTE=helsenvan;2009015]I just got a PS3 and still toying around with it. I got several blu-ray movies also!

Can a PS3 backup blu-ray movie? or do I need blu-ray pc drive? I’m planning to get one in the near future and looking around the net, I can handle the cost and I have plenty of time at the moment. I also have a new PC that is quite powerful.

My plan is to be able to play the backup in my PS3. Any advice much appreciated![/QUOTE]

As far as PC drives go, the LG GGW-H20L gets the best reputation, by far, on this board. nekrosoft13, myself, and a few others here have one. If you do a search, you’ll find guides here that will tell you how to rip Blu-ray to your hard drive (from a PC drive) using BackUpBluRay or AnyDVD HD, then burn to ImgBurn v2.4.0.0 (free) or Nero 8.

mwave.com, maybe frys.com, bestbuy.com, and meritline.com all have the LG GGW-H20L for under $400.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and blanks are expensive. Good luck finding one for under $12.
http://www.rima.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=R&Product_Code=95357

Thank you Some Random Guy (love the name).

I will look into the hardwares you suggested. So $400 is the average price for the blu-ray dvd pc drive? I think I bought my first cd burner around that price and my first plextor dvd burner few years ago for $300 I think.

I went to my buddy last weekend where he setup his small theater using some kind of media server. When the kids wanted to watch a movie, I can see from the projector screen that he is browsing through his “computer” files labeled with movie titles and click one of the files and the dvd movie plays. I think he is using power dvd software. I am thinking to setup the way he did.