Earthquake in China

vbimport

Fengtao and Ting hope both of you and your loved ones are all ok and safe, was very sad news when I got up to hear about the earthquake

The USGS site reports 2 quakes about 20 minutes apart, magnitude 5.1. About 1000 miles from Beijing. Hope all is well.

Also hoping and praying all is well.

hi,

We are all ok, Beijing is far from the epicentre which is in “si chuan” a province of China sourcewest. unfortunately this earthquake is so powerful, so many people lost their life and many people lost their home, we are sad about this…:sad:

btw, we can feel the earthquake strongly, something is shaking, I can see the light is shaking in ceiling. :eek:

Glad you are ok, but very sorry to hear about loss of life.

Glad you are well.

My thoughts and prayers with those who lost their lives, and the families involved.

[quote=Ting;2056103]
btw, we can feel the earthquake strongly, something is shaking, I can see the light is shaking in ceiling. :eek:[/quote]The news here said it was felt as far away as Pakistan and Vietnam.:eek: The first quake was a 7.8. Here is a link for more info:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Maps/10/105_30.php
You can click on the colored boxes to get information for each quake.

[QUOTE=Ting;2056103]hi,

We are all ok, Beijing is far from the epicentre which is in “si chuan” a province of China sourcewest. unfortunately this earthquake is so powerful, so many people lost their life and many people lost their home, we are sad about this…:sad:

btw, we can feel the earthquake strongly, something is shaking, I can see the light is shaking in ceiling. :eek:[/QUOTE]

i will send my birthday money to the disaster fund as soon as details are known.hope that many cdf people do like wise…my thoughts are with them all

Hello Ting
it is good news to hear you and the others we have come to know are ok, my heart is still sad by the many lifes that was lost and effected by this earthquake.
My thoughts and prayers will be on those hit by this disaster :flower::flower::flower::flower:

I am so sorry for the loss of your countrymen and women, our brothers and sisters .

Add my thoughts, and also for the Burmese.

Regards

In Dujiangyan about 900 teenagers were buried under a collapsed three-storey school building. In Beichuan county, just east of the epicenter, 80 percent of the buildings had collapsed and some 10,000 people were injured on top of the 3,000 to 5,000 killed in the district, Xinhua News Agency said. Early reports say eight schools in the region have completely or partially collapsed.

Corrupt building practises may emerge as a contributory factor in this latest tragedy.

How sad.
Our thoughts and prayers are with all those who have suffered in this truly horrible tragedy.