[QUOTE=zap em;2124344]GUY’S
I was reading a blog today that basically say’s
a new experiment being carried out by european
scientist’s to create conditons which created the
big bang,will cause a black hole which could
swallow earth. How much time do we have
basically till october.
ZAP.:eek::eek:[/QUOTE]

:disagree: Don’t think that will happen! I can imagine lawsuits, lawsuits, and more lawsuits! They can’t destroy the earth! Take it to another planet and try it there first!!

I’m kinda scared tho! :frowning:

I guess this is the big bang theory on how the earth will end? People will be the main destroyer of earth I think?

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2124352]I guess this is the big bang theory on how the earth will end? People will be the main destroyer of earth I think?[/QUOTE]

Yes…and the scary part is, there firing it up at I don’t know maybe 8:30 pm my time!

High time to say goodbye then… :bigsmile:

I have all my data backed up on:

Verbatim [B]BHP-HR[/B] ScratchProof Platinum LE [B]Glow-in-the-Dark[/B] discs, :bigsmile:
(encrypted of course)

So I am ready, bring on the popcorn and fire that baby up!:wink:

From the BBC News site:

[I]Engineers injected the first low-intensity proton beams into the LHC in August. But they did not go all the way around the ring. On Wednesday [today], they sent a proton beam around the full circumference of the LHC tunnel.

Technicians had to be on the lookout for potential problems: “There are on the order of 2,000 magnetic circuits in the machine. This means there are 2,000 power supplies which generate the current which flows in the coils of the magnets,” Steve Myers, head of the accelerator and beam department, told BBC News.

If there was a fault with any of these, he said, it would have stopped the beam. They were also wary of obstacles in the beam pipe which could prevent the protons from completing their first circuit.

Mr Myers has experience of the latter problem. While working on the LHC’s predecessor, a machine called the Large-Electron Positron Collider, engineers found two beer bottles wedged into the beam pipe - a deliberate, one-off act of sabotage.

The culprits - who were drinking a particular brand which advertising once claimed would “refresh the parts other beers cannot reach” - were never found.[/I]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7604293.stm

The Little Black Hole appeared, took one long look at Earth, and said: “[I]Eww! I ain’t touching that![/I]”

Then it went off into space in search of more delicious planets…

:stuck_out_tongue:

[B]Large Hadron Collider comes online, world fails to end[/B]

The fact that I’m sitting here writing this and you’re sitting there reading it means that fears regarding the Large Hadron Colider (LHC) and the end of the world were a bit overblown. At 10:33 AM CET this morning, the first proton beam successfully completed a circuit of the entire LHC.
Link: http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080910-large-hadron-collider-comes-online-world-fails-to-end.html

:cool::cool:

GUY’S
Actually it was a french scientist who said
the black hole wouldn’t over takes us untill
october. So we are not out of the woods yet.
ZAP.

[QUOTE=zap em;2124728]GUY’S
Actually it was a french scientist who said
the black hole wouldn’t over takes us untill
october. So we are not out of the woods yet.
ZAP.[/QUOTE]

That’s just his opinion nothing happened and nothing will!

proton to collide on 21 october 2008

I am still here

Well, the universe ended a few days ago … when scientists discovered how the universe works by uncovering all the laws of physics & determining all relevant constants.

As is customary, the universe immediately imploded & exploded in a much weirder way … so now everything is even more bizarre and everything scientists know is completely wrong (again).

The universe is safe for another few years :iagree:

But, as Al Yankovic says “Everything you know is wrong”.

Someone^ has read Douglas Adams. :wink:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2124906]Someone^ has read Douglas Adams. ;)[/QUOTE]
Now that should be declared a legal requirement.
Anyone reaching the age of 21 without reading the Hitchhikers series should be put to death painfully :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=debro;2124905]Well, the universe ended a few days ago … when scientists discovered how the universe works by uncovering all the laws of physics & determining all relevant constants.

As is customary, the universe immediately imploded & exploded in a much weirder way … so now everything is even more bizarre and everything scientists know is completely wrong (again).

The universe is safe for another few years :iagree:

But, as Al Yankovic says “Everything you know is wrong”.[/QUOTE]

So true! :bigsmile: Still don’t think anything will happen!