EAC or Fuerio alternative?

I need a good grabber/burning program and wanted to know if there are alternatives to Fuerio and EAC. EAC freezes up and doesn’t work too well (it used to under my Win98 box) and Fuerio doesn’t support my CD-Writer. I’d like something that does CUE sheets and proper offsets so I can make a 1:1 audio CD.

Any other choices?

Robert

Euh…well there are more Audio Rippers out there that like AudioGrabber and SoundForge. Don’t know if either of these creates a .CUE sheet, but you can burn these with Nero if I’m correct. I never tried it with an audio cd to be honest, only games…

Only EAC can correct offsets so as to get a 1:1 copy.
What ASPI layer do you have ? http://www.digital-inn.de/showthread.php?threadid=12902

Try Adaptec ASPI 4.60, it’s the best one.

Originally posted by valnar

I need a good grabber/burning program and wanted to know if there are alternatives to Fuerio and EAC.
Any other choices?

PlexTools :smiley:

btw, the F-prog is called Feurio! :wink:

True, I was forgetiing Plextools, but if offset correction is part of the advanced DAE options, it will only be available for Plextor drives.

Thanks Dillweed. So you use Plextools to write Audio CD’s too instead of Nero or something like that?

Yes, I’m interested in making perfect offset corrected audio rips. I basically want my copy to “see” itself correctly in the online CDDB if I insert a copy in my PC, so it pulls down all the correct titles. Does it do the gap detection correctly too? Without that, Live CD’s wouldn’t copy correctly either.

Thanks! Merry Christmas.
Robert

is plextools only for plextor drives?

Originally posted by PJ320

is plextools only for plextor drives?

Sure thing.

Originally posted by valnar Yes, I’m interested in making perfect offset corrected audio rips. I basically want my copy to “see” itself correctly in the online CDDB if I insert a copy in my PC, so it pulls down all the correct titles.

There is no need to detect offset for this. Any copy will be recognized by CDDB, unless you change the track order, leave out gaps, or cut the trailing silences. Once I recorded an original cassette on CDR, and the CDR was recognized by CDDB, as there was the right track listing with the right timings.

Originally posted by valnar Does it do the gap detection correctly too? Without that, Live CD’s wouldn’t copy correctly either.

Plextools detects gaps. But don’t worry about that either, no need to detect gaps to copy live CDs. In fact, it is even more secure not to detect them, because you won’t have the possibility to set them wrong.

What is a gap and why detecting them is not necessary ? @HydrogenAudio
Pre-gaps ripped in EAC?

Tutorial about gaps and CUE Sheets @EAC, by Mestrelion
Gap and CUE Sheet 101: A simple tutorial for Dummies like me :wink:

Editing cuesheets @HydrogenAudio, by Mestrelion
EAC CUE Sheets ASCII formats explained, because sometimes Notepad is all you have

PIO2001,
I’m still awaiting my Plextor to come in.

So are you saying if I copy a CD with Plextools, it will do the subchannel gap detection correctly? ie. Negative countdown values between tracks will be preserved? That is what I want.

If Plextools cannot do that, then I’ll have to play with EAC again.

Robert

Yes it does. http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?act=ST&f=20&t=3299

In this thread, CD-RW.org first said that Plextools didn’t support gaps, then corrected himself, and proved with tests, that Plextools really detects subchannel indexes.

Nice thread. Makes me feel better about a Plextor purchase.

Robert

Originally posted by Pio2001
[B]Yes it does. http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?act=ST&f=20&t=3299

In this thread, CD-RW.org first said that Plextools didn’t support gaps, then corrected himself, and proved with tests, that Plextools really detects subchannel indexes. [/B]

Originally posted by valnar
it will do the subchannel gap detection correctly? ie. Negative countdown values between tracks will be preserved?

That’s called index marks I’d say.
Negative countdown values are shown in the index-0 zone.

For example, in a cue-sheet that is the zone between index-0 zone and index 1.
The track actually starts at index-1, and index-0 is the pause between tracks.