EAC offset for the Samsung SH-S202N

Does anyone know the EAC offset for the Samsung SH-S202N DVD burner? I couldn’t find it in the Accurate Rip database.

As it’s a very new drive model you might have to wait a while. Or why not let Accuraterip calculate the offset and let it add it to the database for the benefit of others?

It is very easy if you have at least 3 audio CDs that are in the Accuraterip database (must be originals not copies). First check that EAC is using Accuraterip - there must be AccurateRip.dll in the EAC program directory (I think this is included as standard now with recent releases of EAC) and make sure that EAC/Accuraterip is allowed to connect to the internet (and not blocked by your firewall). From what I can remember from when I had to find the offset for my Benq 6 months ago EAC/Accuraterip found that the drive was not in the drive offset database and asked me to feed it 3 CDs to let is calculate the offset. Very simple and only took a few minutes.

Edit:
For more infomation about Accuraterip with EAC see -
http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/en/index.php/overview/basic-technology/accurate-rip/

S202N now shows 3 submissions, and like the other S20x models, is +6.

[QUOTE=MrMoody;1933624]S202N now shows 3 submissions, and like the other S20x models, is +6.[/QUOTE]
That’s interesting, because I did the offset test where you burn a CD with a WAV file, rip it and reburn it, and then compare the two, and I came up with an offset of “0.” In other words, when I compared the two WAV files, there was nothing in the results window. :confused:

[QUOTE=audiodrome;1933797]I did the offset test where you burn a CD with a WAV file, rip it and reburn it, and then compare the two, and I came up with an offset of “0.”[/QUOTE]

That only means that the combined offset is 0. Thus, if the read offset is +6, the write offset is -6.

Apparently I must have done this test incorrectly. Is this the way to do it?

1. Burn a CD with a WAV file from your computer.

2. Rip that same track with no offset (0).

3. Compare the two WAVs and see what the results say.