EAC Not Working on Win7

EAC exits after telling it to rip a cut from a CD. EAC had been working 2 weeks ago. I’m using V1.02Beta. I deleted EAC and installed another version - 0.95b and another 0.99 and 1.0. I did get WMP to rip the same cut from the same CD in the same drive.

Thanks;

Stan

Hi,

EAC 1.0 and later should work on Win7 without problems.

Michael

Thanks, Michael;

I had been using the latest version of EAC 1.02 without problems when it suddenly decided not to work about a week ago. I installed 1.0 - same problem. What’s perplexing is that I get no warning from Win7 - EAC just closes.

Stan

[QUOTE=sbrager;2590880]Thanks, Michael;[/quote]You’re Welcome :slight_smile:

I had been using the latest version of EAC 1.02 without problems when it suddenly decided not to work about a week ago.
Then something has changed with your system. Perhaps some software that has been installed in the meantime. No idea, what happened.
Perhaps you can roll back your system and see what happens.

MIchael

[QUOTE=sbrager;2590880]Thanks, Michael;

I had been using the latest version of EAC 1.02 without problems when it suddenly decided not to work about a week ago. I installed 1.0 - same problem. What’s perplexing is that I get no warning from Win7 - EAC just closes.

Stan[/QUOTE]

Have your ripping methods changed i.e when creating cue sheets, or naming schemes etc…
Did you search the EAC and related forums for solution(s)?..Here’s some for example…
http://www.digital-inn.de/exact-audio-copy-english/40442-v1-0-copying-track-immediate-100-cpu-eac-freeze-no-drive-activity.html
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=87449
I’ve not tried the new version(s) since I have read a few peeps are having [I]some[/I] issues with certain drives, naming schemes, win7 and such…I’l have to try for me self eventually…Good luck and let us know…:slight_smile:

I also run EAC1.0 on a windows 7 system and my EAC was running a bit glitchy this weekend,

Thing was I went to my favorite USED CD place with money in my pocket…
wound up having 30-ish CD’s follow me home

after a dozen or so my memory was full (never had that happen before!)
and EAC started doing weird stuff,… like putting the “do you wanna search for album art” popup BEHIND the empty EAC screen…

Shutting the computer down and leaving it off for as long as it took me to drink a beer cleared the issue
a simple quick reboot didn’t

Understand my main system gets shut down only when windows update needs to reboot to install the edition of Monthly “Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool”… OR when the power goes out…