EAC: new 48246K doesn;t cache audio?

vbimport

Hi there. Just picked up the above drive. What a ripper!!! I was expecting the “S” when I bought the drive, didn’t know the K existed. Anyway, first port of call Exact Audio Copy. My old 32123S cached audio, and was horribly slow at secure extractions. My new drive doesn’t (I think), got up to ~42x at the end of the disc!!! Astonishing. It took 1m58s to rip Thievery Corporations new disc…:smiley:

Damn, are you serious? Well, you can always check it by going to

EAC > Drive Options > Detect Read Features…

Are you sure you selected Secure mode for ripping?

Retraction…:frowning:

When EAC first set itself up, it repeatedly detected that my drive didn’t cache audio. PLUS, although I am sure that I selected secure mode, it was actually set to burst. Apologies, false alarm :frowning:

Hi

don’t worry

if you read the help/tooltip of eac…it says that “cache-ing” of audio is not advised. Because it could give errors.

Originally posted by damiandimitri
[B]Hi

don’t worry

if you read the help/tooltip of eac…it says that “cache-ing” of audio is not advised. Because it could give errors. [/B]

Which is why he is disappointed to make a retraction. He thought the drive did not cache audio, which would make it a great drive with EAC, however his retest showed that it did. In addition he was in burst mode and not secure.

hmmm sorry
i thought i had read he wanted cache-ing of audio