EAC better results

With burst mode or secure mode?

I have a plextor premium, plextor 8/20 scsi and Hitachi dvdrom…
I read my audiocd in secure mode and burned the cue file with Nero.

Is this correct or there’s a better mode to copy the cd?

Thanks.

Why not take advantage of Plextools Pro with your Premium PX drive? The quality of the outcome is top notch both ways, but you have several other incentives when it comes to Plextools Pro. Look into it.

i prefer the secure mode…it should give the finest results.
But perhaps for you burst mode is fine

Hi Mercury, I agree with you that Plextools Pro is a fine program, and it is the only one (for now) that can exploit all capabilities of the Premium…

However, I obtained better results in ripping with EAC with respect to CDS200 copy protected audio CDs.
An example: "Beatles - Let it be ‘naked’ ". I had a couple of annoying clicks with Plextools (2.08, using all features requested: enable audio correction, read 1st session only, reading at 4x or 8x), while I had a perfect (at least to my ear) copy with EAC in secure mode, eventually using the ‘TOC alterations’ features…

Regards,

ET

Originally posted by mercury
Why not take advantage of Plextools Pro with your Premium PX drive? The quality of the outcome is top notch both ways, but you have several other incentives when it comes to Plextools Pro. Look into it.

EAC in burst mode makes no sense. It’s not secure.
You have two secure rippers in burst mode.
Feurio will report C2 errors, and PlexTools will try to correct uncorrectable C2 errors (CU).

Nero isn’t very good to burn cuesheets. You have Feurio CD-Manager -> Project -> Create project from cuesheet.

I would start using PlexTools, which is fast and secure. Premium is still only supported in Feurio beta versions and you have to be registered to use them. PlexTools is free.

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies… the problem with Plextools is that for some strange reason it doesn’t work well on my system (p3 733mhz, winxp). I didn’t speak about it because I post my problem with this program in the Plextor forum and I wanted to avoid crosspost:)

Greetings.

Hi Minix,

perhaps you might know this. But i thought CDex has a kind of secure mode also now?

Damian

It’s true, but IMO the secure mode in CDEx is not interesting because it doesn’t let you know anything about what happened.

“Conclusion:
With the Memorex DVD-Maxx 1648 drive, CDex is of no use compared to EAC, it returns files full of errors and audible clicks claiming zero errors occured even in full paranoia mode.”

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?act=ST&f=20&t=3164
http://doc.hydrogenaudio.org/wikis/hydrogenaudio/SecureAudioExtraction

That’s the problem with CDEx.
It says there are no errors, when it’s full of ‘clicks’. (At least with some drives)

Thank you.

i read something about the probs,. I like to use CDex sometimes. It is simple and easy, and the quality is ok with me. I tried it because i had some probs with EAC. I must say i didn’t have any problems with it. NO clicks and stuff.

LOl…but as usual different people , different tools and problems

damian

Of course, CDEx doesn’t “produce” clicks.
The problem was ripping a very scratched CD.

If the drive can read the disc without problems (most discs), then any ripper will have the same quality.

The issue with CDEx is that it doesn’t warn when there are problems.
But it’s a nice ripper.