EA Sports to make used game players pay for online access

vbimport

I just posted the article EA Sports to make used game players pay for online access.

Electronic Arts has drawn the ire of gamers in the past for its use of digital rights management (DRM) and other controversial decisions. The game studio will now force gamers who buy used video games to pay a $10 pass to play Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 on Xbox Live or PlayStation Network.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/ea-sports-to-make-used-game-players-pay-for-online-access-29685/](http://www.myce.com/news/ea-sports-to-make-used-game-players-pay-for-online-access-29685/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Screw you EA you greedy bastards. I’m already paying for my Live. I wish MS would step in and disallow this.

Its bad enough you charge full price for the title refresh every hockey / football / basketball etc season. How about a trade in program for us who buy every freakin new version and have for the last 18 years ?

PS Go Habs !

Go habs is right! Hawks need a break in the finals! Lol

good thing i rarely play EA Sports games :wink:

but either way they will look like the bad guys because they are basically forcing people to pay extra money they otherwise would never have had to.

$10 pass to play Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 on Xbox Live or PlayStation Network.
I wouldn’t play online Tiger Woods games even for free. When they give me $10 per session, i might consider it.

Just goes to prove there is no limit to greed by ANY publisher of games or movies.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2518441]I wouldn’t play online Tiger Woods games even for free. When they give me $10 per session, i might consider it.[/QUOTE]
But there’s blackjack, and hookers!
On second thought, forget the blackjack!

[QUOTE=debro;2521972]But there’s blackjack, and hookers!
On second thought, forget the blackjack![/QUOTE]
Virtual hookers give virtual orgasms…

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2522116]Virtual hookers give virtual orgasms…[/QUOTE]
But real invoices …