EA Sports MVP Baseball 2003

vbimport

According to Clony XXL it is Safedisc 2.8. My problem is that I use the latest Alcohol in demo mode…with my Lite-On LTR-52246S and I am never able to create a good backup. I have used the Safedisk 2 profile numerous times…and still…when I insert the backup to play on my other machine…It always asks for the CD…even though the copy I made autoloads. Obviously, my Lite-On is not creating a good backup. I use the default settings on Alcohol to make the copy…and nothing…

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bob

By the way…my firmware on the Lite-On 6S0F

I had this problem with safedisc 2.8 also, and you have to have something installed that “Hides CDR” so that the atip can’t be read. If safedisc detects the atip files, it won’t run the game. I have also heard of some people having problems with the 6S0F firmware. If possible, you should try to flash it back to 6S0D or whatever worked reliably for you before you got 6S0F.

Make sure Bypass efm error is unchecked when burning safedisc 2 protected games with your Litey.

I tried bypassing efm…but because here in the states…I could only do it via the setup file for Alcohol. Will that do it? From what I understand…that option is really not available in the U.S.

Bob

No. Bypass efm error should be off with your writer.

However, there are two things you’ll need to be aware of:

[list=1]
[li]If you want to run the copy from a writer, you’ll need to have an atip hiding utility running in the background. Examples are alcohol’s Ignore media type and CloneCD’s hide cdr media.
[/li][li]All EA sports games are hotwired to run only from their installation drive unless you hack your registry.
[/li][/list=1]

All EA sports games are hotwired to run only from their installation drive unless you hack your registry.

Does this apply to EA Games that are not sport related? (Command& Conquer Generals)?

Shoey :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Shoebedobedoo
Does this apply to EA Games that are not sport related? (Command& Conquer Generals)?

Some are but not all. E.g. NFSHP2 is hotwired. Can’t recall specifically about C&C Generals but I don’t think it is (could be wrong though).

Funny thing…

I am burning the backup of MVP on my second rig with the Lite-On drive. I am trying to run the game on my main rig…with a Samsung SM-348B…

I installed the game on the main rig via the Samsung and am trying to run with the backup. I like to do backup disks and keep the originals in a safe place for safekeeping.

Bob