EA: more game console price cuts needed

vbimport

EA: more game console price cuts needed.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/02/DXCUwC.jpg[/newsimage]Apparently not satisfied with the explosion in game console sales over the last five years, Electronic Arts said it expected prices for gaming systems to be lower by now.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/ea-more-game-console-price-cuts-needed-26448/](http://www.myce.com/news/ea-more-game-console-price-cuts-needed-26448/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Ea can place it’s proverbial head between it’s legs and kiss it’s own arse. as far as i am concerned they do things at the absolute cheapest and expect that 60 bucks we spend every year for the same thing. it’s always the same argument. profits profits profits while turning in crappy quality product that was done with the most bare minimum of technology , complete lack of ingenuity , and treating their programmers like 3rd world sweat shop workers. i say shoot the MF’ers . GO SMALL BUSINESS COMPANIES. the quality was always better anyways and WORTH THE MONEY

I agree with EA and not the author. Its 5 years later and its still $300 + excessive peripheral prices for these consoles !

The factor of being more advanced technology is BS ! Its 5 years later, its old technology now. I guess the concept of Moores law is lost on the author. EA gets it.

Mr Maniacal are you talking about ? EA makes very solid titles. A good console game is well worth $60 for the amount of entertainment you get from them compared to other forms of entertainment (going to a movie, a night out etc…). You can try demos or rent any game before dumping 60 bucks on it to find out if its good or not.

And BTW, take it from a hard core gamer, the quality of games is far better with the bigger companies with bigger budgets. No question. Assassins Creed 2, COD etc… are hard proof of this.

Compare the cost of COD4 or MW2 (I know its not EA) to the actual amount of gameplay most gamers get from those games, which is several 100’s of hours for these types of games. Same for the EA Sports lineup, their rockband games etc… Its a no-brainer that $60 is a good deal for the entertainment value.

Also, careful what you say about shooting people ! Next thing you know the FBI will be knocking at your door.

Sorry Limp Prickskit

1. Infinity Ward is a small operation broken off from the owners of the Medal Of Honor franchise and employs about 75 people.

2. EA refuses to make use of 1080p so tell me exactly what do they " GET" and lets not even get into blu-ray , or 3D, OR the real true difference between Madden 05 and 06 or 07 other than some lame ass control scheme

3. Hard Core Gamer? BIH PLEEZE I DEFINE THE HARD CORE GAMER. it was you and others just like your pimple faced fat asses that from 1975-1993 owning I REPEAT OWNING 75 pinball machines 246 Arcade Cabinets with ALL the classics and some RARE Japanese Titles-{Bega’s Battle to name one} and 46 Nintendo Exclusive Cabinets bought IN Japan From The Man HIMSELF Shigeru Miyamoto AT THE SMALL HEADQUARTERS OFFICE 26 MILES FROM TOKYO IN THE Un Sunge Li DISTRICT that provided Broward county with 46% of it’s Gaming Cabinets and 68 % of it’s motherboard crossover work to convert cabinets into another game just so you could get your digital fix and to keep your sorry ass pushing quarters into my pockets giving you the FEELING, the ILLUSION of having some sort of SKILLZ at the Digital Drug you so righteously claim to have. yet still you can’t get up off your ass and make something of yourself. so when you finally stop having Mommy support you then AND ONLY THEN can you call yourself a Hard Core Gamer. so to quote one of the greatest comedians of the early 90’s Here’s to you Sucking My “DIGITAL” DK.

4. and another thing about the goverment . i don’t care we need another civil war anyways just to keep f**ks like EA from ruining Entertainment with their bean counting theroies , among other companies { AIG } { GMC } so talk about something you know about… but after you wipe your nose of that smelly brown stuff off, and there is some white goo on the side of your mouth. ::—

[QUOTE=Mr. Maniacal;2496944]

1. Hard Core Gamer? BI**H PLEEZE I DEFINE THE HARD CORE GAMER.[/quote]

and another thing about the goverment . i don’t care we need another civil war anyways just to keep f**ks like EA from ruining Entertainment with their bean counting theroies
A civil war nonetheless? Isn’t that a bit overdoing it? Just a little bit?

Fact #1 : A PC gamer will kick a console gamer’s ass in the same game 99.2% of the time. Why yes, I did just pull that statistic out of thin air. Still, when Crysis 2 comes out I’ll be able to play it at its max resolution, not the crippled console resolution.

Fact #2 : EA is a money-grubbing monster who thinks solely about its own riches. Even if the price of consoles comes down you still have the $60 per game to contend with. Think EA will help you out there? Yeah, didn’t think so.

Fact #3 : I am one good-looking mofo who scores with all the hot babes. True story.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2497124]EA is a money-grubbing monster who thinks solely about its own riches.[/QUOTE] How strange for a company with shareholders in a capitalist system… :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2497164]How strange for a company with shareholders in a capitalist system… :)[/QUOTE]

Everyone is entitled to make a buck, but some take it too far. I can think of banks as a prime example. The profit they make is obscene. They pay me 1% interest yet charge me 5% on my mortgage? WTF? And then EA strolls along and says the hardware manufacturers should lower the prices on their products so EA can sell more of their products at full price. Makes me sick to look at them. EA’s Command and Conquer 4 will be coming out next month. I’ll be playing , but I won’t be paying.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2497179]Everyone is entitled to make a buck, but some take it too far.[/quote] When did someone introduce the limit on profit when i was not looking? It’s not fair? Life’s not fair. It never is. It never will be.

I can think of banks as a prime example. The profit they make is obscene. They pay me 1% interest yet charge me 5% on my mortgage? WTF?
shrugs What are we gonna do about it? Civil war? Cry? Be a bank director ourselves? Stop complaing and create your own working system.

I’ll be playing , but I won’t be paying.
Arr! That’ll teach them!