vbimport

Lately when anyone replies to my e-mail it is sent to an address I haven’t had in 10 years, Any ideas would be appreciated.

So, you create and send someone an email using GOOD-ADDRESS but they receive it and reply to it with OLD ADDRESS?

If I receive email from Forum Notifications to an old address, even though I updated that Forum, sometimes this occurs because those Forums have had to do a RESTORE process, which pre-dated my last address change.

But you’re talking about using your own New Email system and having all of those replies sent to an old address?

If their address books contain your New and Old Addresses, maybe they need to wipe out the old one?

Still, in a REPLY mode, I don’t know why this would occur. I wonder if you’re using a POP mail system (where you connect in, do a SEND and RECEIVE, and a ‘disconnect’) instead of an always-on-line mail system? I wonder if that’s an issue?

Any chance you’ve recently consolidated multiple email-addresses into a single “front end” email system?

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2694295]So, you create and send someone an email using GOOD-ADDRESS but they receive it and reply to it with OLD ADDRESS?

If I receive email from Forum Notifications to an old address, even though I updated that Forum, sometimes this occurs because those Forums have had to do a RESTORE process, which pre-dated my last address change.

But you’re talking about using your own New Email system and having all of those replies sent to an old address?

If their address books contain your New and Old Addresses, maybe they need to wipe out the old one?

Still, in a REPLY mode, I don’t know why this would occur. I wonder if you’re using a POP mail system (where you connect in, do a SEND and RECEIVE, and a ‘disconnect’) instead of an always-on-line mail system? I wonder if that’s an issue?

Any chance you’ve recently consolidated multiple email-addresses into a single “front end” email system?[/QUOTE] Thanks for the reply, how can I find out if I am using POP e-mail, I have done nothing to merge e-mails

POP Systems are generally accessed by using Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook, or maybe Thunderbird.

Do you open a browser and go to, say, GMAIL, YAHOO, HOTMAIL? (That would likely be an on-line system).

Or do you start Outlook Express and do a SEND-RECEIVE? (That would be a POP system.)

Another way - can you go to a coffeeshop or a neighbor’s house and use their Browser and then get to your Email System from their computer? If so, then you’re using an on-line, not a POP system. POP Systems are pretty old-school when Mail Server hard-drives were small and they wanted to off-load all mail to all users instead of saving it as a centralized storage.

But can you reaffirm how these messages to old system originate? Are you creating messages to them, and then they’re doing REPLYs back and those are being somehow directed (re-directed?) to this old system?

Since you haven’t consolidated mail accounts into a central ‘front end’ account, then that eliminates one possible source of an inadvertent error (or programming error).

You might ask those correspondents how many addresses FOR YOU that they have. Do their address-books contain your new AND old address? If they could delete your Old Address from their book, let them originate a message to you, then you REPLY, then see if they’ll send a RE-REPLY and watch what happens.

What program are you using for email?
Windows Mail or Outlook Express for example ?
To me this indicates you have an account still setup as the old one.
This is the name you are mailing out from.
At least that’s my best guess.
If one of the two above your accounts should be under Tools/Accounts .
If tha’s the case you neeed to change the name to the correct one or delete the old account if both it & the correct one are there.

Yes, this is a tricky issue and it’s ticklish because we don’t want Email Addresses posted here. So hopeful DURK can avoid that explicitness.

This might be a case where it’s best if one of his Email Pals work with him because only then can he test the results.

I keep both my gmail account & hotmail as an online account .
If I need to test it’s like sending to someone else.
I agree with Christine definately don’t post a real email address.
you can always makeup a fake one.
like : whoisit@whatsit.com

go to old email address and put tape over slot that way they cannot get in the inbox.

sorry I just had to.

[QUOTE=samlar;2694358]go to old email address and put tape over slot that way they cannot get in the inbox.

sorry I just had to.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply, worked like a charm!!>