vbimport

My e-mail user is Yahoo. When I started using them I guess a year or so ago, they were great, Now with all the BS they have created, I have to wait about 2 minutes before the e-mail starts, waiting for a bunch of “chat” fans to materialize . Can I do away with the chatters, I do not chat.
T.I.A

Go to Yahoo Mail. At the top left, next to Sign Out, there should be a button for Options. Click this and you get a drop down box with Mail Options.

In email options, put a check mark in the box next to InBox Show on Startup. This will open Yahoo Mail directly into your email Inbox folder.

You might also look to see if the box next to Social Features Enable Updates has a check mark in it. If so, remove it.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2586247]My e-mail user is Yahoo. When I started using them I guess a year or so ago, they were great, Now with all the BS they have created, I have to wait about 2 minutes before the e-mail starts, waiting for a bunch of “chat” fans to materialize . Can I do away with the chatters, I do not chat.
T.I.A[/QUOTE]

It would be best to also contact Yahoo customer service about your problem as well. As this forum is where you can get help but more help or at least talking to someone that would be able to address your direct problems or concern on how yahoo mail is working or settings is best directed toward yahoo. There is also a feature like Kerry56 says when you log in there is a feature you can set the feature to keep yourself logged off future chats or to see any chats…

Hi,

simply use a mail client. Seems as if Yahoo supports IMAP:

To set up IMAP on your mobile device please use these settings:

Incoming Server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Incoming Port - 993 (requires SSL)
Outgoing Port - 465 (requires SSL/TLS)
Username: full email address (for example, bill[at]yahoo.com or bill[at]rocketmail.com)
Password: the password you login to Yahoo! with.

(From Yahoo Help)

Michael