E-mail from Slysoft

Actually, Cleary does–and also has a possible problem with trojans:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1631909&postcount=55

Cleary has many problems, apparently.

With all due respect, we have discussed " Clearys " problem to death in 4 threads. I am sure if Slysoft cannot help him and after all the advice he recieved here did not help him, maybe we should just move on.:clap:

Amen Bro

:iagree:

Tru,
In my experience, I have found most EULA exceedingly lopsided in the vendors favor.
Its not like you actually have an opportunity to negotiate an agreement with the vendor. On the contrary, its take it or leave it.

For example, in the infamous Sony rootkit incident this year, are you aware that in accepting the EULA, as I understand it, one was giving them permission to install the rootkit on your computer. Of course, Sony didnt exactly spell out exactly what it was they were installing.

So, the EULA may give a vendor some legal rights, but in actuallity, they still have to worry about PR and their good name. i cant imagine what it cost Sony in lost sales, relationships with artists, etc.

I think Tom should be congratulated for giving users another customer service avenue.
I look forward to the users feedback on their experience.

Clear(l)y this thread has run its course…

Amen to that. :iagree:

As an aside, yet another great thing about Anydvd was that the rootkit was never a threat, provided you were running Anydvd.

“If AnyDVD is installed and active on your PC, the new so-called “Sony DRM Rootkit Virus” has no access to your system and the affected audio CD appears unprotected regardless! Another good reason to get AnyDVD!”

:clap:

I still believe there should be a posting area/sounding board where legit owners of Slysoft products and all other software with registration problems can at least post their names and problem to obtain true unbiased case reviews from software companies. We can all view and monitor this on a daily basis, 3-6-9-12 months down the road we can have true data and facts to discuss .

If there are legitimate claims why not help them out with any vendor who may be overly zealous and taking things too far in certain cases to protect their financial interests.

The stinkers who are attempting to rip off honest solid software firms from their rightful dues then will truly be exposed.

There is now on the legit license owners now with key that don’t work.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=203016

Cool. Time to lock this bad boy up. :slight_smile:

I saw that, but with its own dedicated area here it would keep the cheats away and enable us to monitor if a given company just has too many of these complaints from honest purchasers who are getting entangled in an overly zealous protection web. That being the case these companies would review complaints far more diligently, carefully, effiently and fairly to avoid bad PR and loss of sales and reputation…

Thats not going to happen, I have created a " Sticky on the subject, case closed. Do not make me close this thread also.:a

But the thread is so ripe for closing. :slight_smile:

Honest, even I think this thing has been beaten to death.

Thankyou BeardedKirklander. Thread closed.