E-mail from Slysoft

Interesting that I am being critiqued for not doing a download for another version of Any Dvd that is subsequent to 6.0.9.6??? (I refer to my 2 older work notebooks that originated with version 5.9.4.1)

I received an e-mail late last night from John Smith of Slysoft with a Link to the 6.0.9.6 and thus I followed his instructions as he indicated that he is from Slysoft.

All I am trying to do is get the program operational. Nothing more.

I acted on what I believed to be the most uptodate instructions.

Regards.

Cleary,
Your back!
As you know from your previous thread that is now closed, no one here is able to help you further.
I guess you, your 10 associates, 6 kids, and 1 techie will have to solve it on your own.

That version of anydvd is old and needs to be updated.

visit http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Cleary this was the last response that a mod did on your last problem and it clearly states we can’t really help you anymore on this issue as you need to stay in touch with the company (Slysoft). In case you for got here’s the post on that and look forward to getting this thread locked as well as clearly stated by the mod for this section.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1633969&postcount=64

Doc
17 in one blow :confused: ???

Slysoft had my ticket number and sent their response and thus I followed their instructions, after all they are the vendor and know their product best.
And their response was to my issues with the older notebooks that originated with the issues. In response to your advice I have kept abreast of the instructions from Slysoft and then have been PM’d that the version update that I did via Slysofts Email was old and why would I be doing it!

I have been following the instructions of the vendor.

Regards.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1633969&postcount=64

I have asked you nicely to contact Slysoft support. Please follow their intructions as you have said. If that doesn’t satisfy you we can do no more here.

Heres a new offer for help from slysoft regarding keys, which you may wish to avail yourself of:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1635085&postcount=89

That same message is also posted in all the other threads concering this subject.:clap:

Alan, thanks.

As far as I can tell Cleary doesn’t have a problem with a blacklisted key.

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me…10 associates with broken copies of Any dvd, 6 kids with broken copies of Any dvd , and 1 techie in a Pear Tree…

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
:flower:

This is a step in the right direction, to be sure. My hope is that they will give each customer the benefit of the doubt, at least with the first occurrence.

As a related aside, they really need some kind of single PR presence to help keep a consistent, respectful, professional tone when dealing with the public, don’t you think?

So many bad feelings and misunderstandings could be avoided if they had a strict PR policy that required all Slysoft people to run everything by the PR folks before speaking to customers or the public.

Varying messages not only confuse customers, both potential and existing, but give the appearance of a lack of professionalism, imo.

No matter how good a product is, bad PR can end up doing it in. I would hope Slysoft would learn from these mistakes and make an effort to improve their message and manner of conveyance.

I believe the AnyDVD EULA says it quite straight:

Termination.

The license to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCE ends, if you pass your personal registration key to another individual or organization.
Without prejudice to any other rights, SlySoft may terminate this LICENSE AGREEMENT if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this LICENSE AGREEMENT. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and all of its component parts.

But as I said before: This has nothing to do with Cleary’s problemsm as the trial version doesn’t even start up.

But making exceptions for some users, and not for others, is where I was seeing the inconsistency.

Yes, they MAY terminate the license if they wish, but that does not mean they should, especially if the exposure of the key was unintentional.

Yes, and as Tom said, he’ll look into every single case.
And I can understand that if someone has sold his key 100 times on ebay that SlySoft won’t give him a new key right away.
So they have to handle each case individually. Sounds very professional and consumer friendly to me.

I agree. Tom’s willingness to work with someone directly is a very positive step. I do hope that he is understanding and gives folks the benefit of the doubt.

If someone sincerely states that they did not knowingly provide their key to anyone, and a record of the original purchase can be found, I would expect him to provide that person with one, and likely only one more key. With that documented and the user informed of the need to keep that key private and secure, I think that is as far as Slysoft’s obligation should reasonably go.

If that person was not informed before, they would be now, so the likelihood of them being able to justify yet another key would seem very remote.

Trust but verify… :slight_smile:

I can’t tell (I haven’t lost or sold my license on ebay), but I would bet SlySoft already does it this way.

The ActiveX thread indicated otherwise, at least in direct responses from James at Slysoft.

Perhaps Tom will be a more reasonable, level-headed arbiter. Let’s hope. :slight_smile: