E-Cigarettes

vbimport

Is anybody into the e-cigarettes? I’m talking mainly about the larger ones such as the E-Gos and Vamos. These are referred to as Vapors?
I have been off cigs since I started Vaping April 27 2013.
My son and I are thinking about opening a Vape Store to help others quit cigs.

I’ve a friend in work that uses them and thinks they’re brilliant.

They’re talking about putting stricter regulations on them here ATM though.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I love them I don’t get a headache from them or smelly clothes,the only problem the wife keeps going back to the real thing.I don’t smoke.

[QUOTE=marloyd;2691994]I love them I don’t get a headache from them or smelly clothes,the only problem the wife keeps going back to the real thing.I don’t smoke.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I always hated going out to a bar or a restaurant when people were allowed to smoke. Particularly when I was eating food and all I could smell was cigarettes.

The stale cigarette smoke smell is even worse. :Z

All my clothes had to go in the wash including my coat or jacket and even my hair smelt of stale smoke the next day.

It’s against the law to smoke in these places now and when the legislation came into effect it was quite literally a breath of fresh air for me.

Smokers have to stand outside now in most places.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks for the comments guys. Wombler thanks a lot for the news article from the UK. I will pass it around if you don’t mind.

This is what I think.
Just because I can’t see or smell the nicotine vapor these E-cigarettes use .
It doesn’t mean they are not producing second hand vapor .
Both from the E-cigarette itself & the “smoker” when they breath it out.
In that I doubt the vapor is 100% absorbed.
So I don’t want to breathe that either.

For those that use E-cigarettes . Use them outside just like they were regular cigarettes.

The E-cigarettes are to new to have data on the long term effects of nicotine . It might be a carcinogen as well . It is probably not as bad a tar & other resins ,chemicals in tobacco . So should be some better healthwise.

To those that are smokers an article several years ago that said the sugars used in processing tobacco were carcinogen . Burned sugars are apparently bad for a smoker. Also that cancer rates for smokers were much lower in countries where tobacco wasn’t sugar cured.

Doesn’t some of those things use Anti Freeze ?
I was told that it was written in the fine print on some brands.

[QUOTE=G_Ivan Awfulitch;2692063]Thanks for the comments guys. Wombler thanks a lot for the news article from the UK. I will pass it around if you don’t mind.[/QUOTE]

My pleasure and it’s public news so feel free to pass it on to whoever you like.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Ok let’s do Bean55 first. First excuse my spelling it is early and I’m in a lot of pain.
The most common antifreeze is Ethelyn Glycol . There is none in the “E-Juice” . E-Juice is the stuff that gets vaporized and you inhale. The main ingredients are #1 Food or medical grades of Vegetable Glycerin, Medical grade only of Propylene Glycol ( this is used to make liquid medicines (base) ), food grade water soluble flavoring and medical grade NICOTINE.
Side note: no bets on what is in E-Juice from outside of USA The fog you see on movies is made with the Vegetable glycerin vaporized.
Nicotine after it comes out of a e-cig or real cig dissipates within 11 seconds mostly in your mouth and lungs. There are no links to cancer and nicotine.
There are 4000 carcinogens in each regular cig.
Most e-juices are a 50/50 percent of the VG and PG. Some like it 60/40, 70/30. The more VG the more smoke look.
I’m afraid the ones that like the heavy content of VG are going to ruin it for the rest of us The first time 5 or 6 go into a restaurant that allows vaping and here is this heavy cloud of “smoke” hanging there the manager and other customers are going to be real upset.

Still, Nicotine is an insecticide…http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine

No doubt about it in huge overdoses nicotine is a poison. It would be hard to use as an insecticide though as it dissipates so quickly when exposed to the air.
If I didn’t have a nicotine habit I would not be sucking anything (on purpose) into my lungs.
Although the VG and the Pg are medically safe (as liquids) we still don’t know for sure how much of a chemical change takes place (if any at all) when those products are heated enough to create a vapor. We do know that the VG is safe to be inhaled as a vapor as that has been proven when movie makers started using it to make fog for movie scenes. But I’m willing to bet MY LIFE on that it is a whole lot safer than cig smoke.

I just bought one, but I’ve not tried it yet.

When you do try

The best of Luck Arachne

I quit several years ago and glad I did.

People who smoke are paying to kill themselves, this never made much sense to me but hey, I don’t understand a lot of things.:wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2692408]I just bought one, but I’ve not tried it yet.[/QUOTE]
I wish you luck miss kitty you just got to make up your mind to quit, My wife still smokes ,she still trying to quit.I smoked 6 cigars a day and just quit,you can do it.

yeah, just quit and don’t look back.

[QUOTE=bean55;2692412]When you do try

The best of Luck Arachne

I quit several years ago and glad I did.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bean and Doug, I think I’ll need all the luck - and willpower - I can get. I’d dearly love to quit. :slight_smile:

We (the missus and me) used the patch and nicotine gum. I’d been a smoker for 45 plus years. The one I miss the most is when I’m waiting for the garbage truck to warm up at work.

Ive been quit around 18 months now went cold turkey but i do see alot of people with these e-cigs even have to double take a few people when at work who have em

[QUOTE=Arachne;2692529]Thanks Bean and Doug, I think I’ll need all the luck - and willpower - I can get. I’d dearly love to quit. :)[/QUOTE]
Hang in there and use a tobacco flavor that tastes like the brand you smoke and leave the other flavors alone untill or if you have quit and just want to do flavors to vape on. Always have a tank of your tobacco flavor with about 4 to 6mg of nicotine. Just in case something comes up and you feel like you JUST HAVE TO HAVE A SMOKE!