Dynex 4x for $0.15ea, futureshop.ca

a lot of us prefer more reputable media, but if you happen to like dynex for some reason, futureshop is having a sale.

Dynex 4X 4.7GB 200-Pack DVD+R

Our price: $79.99
Discount: -$50.00
Sale Price: $29.99

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10059873&logon=&langid=EN

Dynex DVD+R 4.7GB VDSPMSAB001 4x

Blah, not even worth it. It was nice when the Best Buy’s here clearanced their Dynex 8x DVD+R, 50 RITEKR03’s for $8.

Bought a 200 pack Dynex 4X +R on Friday. They are OPTODISCOR4 and come shrink wrapped without cake box. Burned quite nicely @8X with the BenQ 1640.

I bought a pack of the -R’s tonight and as far as I can tell, they work fine. I was going to grab a box of the +R’s as well, for my set top recorder but didn’t feel like I needed to have 400 plus discs taking up room in my place.

When I was looking at both boxes I noticed that the +R box had the RW logo on it where the -R box only had the DVD logo on it with the elongated disc under it. I just wanted to confirm that those +R’s are not actually RWs.

@furball69

The RW logo is also for DVD+R which they should have printed underneath the logo but didn’t. If it is a rewritable, they would have printed the words DVD+ReWritable underneath the RW logo. BTW, what is the mid of your -R?

So are these DVDs (im more interested in the -R’s) worth the money for general purpose burning of movies, backup etc?

FactFinder,
Thanks for the info.

Nero 6 won’t tell me the mid. Are there any programs that will read just the mid? I don’t want to install another burner. The drive is a Pioneer DVR 103.

Found DVD Identifier and this is what it says.

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:AML]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [Anwell Precision Technology]
Manufacturer ID : [AML]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]

[ DVD Identifier V4.2.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

@furball69

Thanks for the info on the Dynex -R.

holey crap 0.15 ea is a huge ripoff for that junk :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve had good results with AML002 8x +Rs on my Benq 1640, but I know that AML is typically not going to give good results. Burns on my NEC 2500 and Benq 822 gave high PI errors but tolerable PO errors. Of course I have no idea how these compare to the 4x -R AML discs…

AML002 8x Benq 1640:

just got a 100 pack dynex R+ for $17.49(canadian) at futureshop and they are MCC 003.

at my local FutureShops, every single Dynex has “Made In China” clearly on the box. I’m willing to bet that ur MCC003 are low-ass quality.

I bought 3 boxes and now am returning 2 boxes. These will only burn @ 1.2 to 1.6 times speed. 1 in 4 become coasters or wallpaper. I guess you get what you pay for.

I’ve burned and tested 10 of the -R’s now and only one came back with data errors using CD Check and even then, there were no visible errors or glitches in playback of the video. They’ve all burned at 2X, the max my 103 will burn at.