Dynex 32" flat screen (Dynex DX-LCD32-09 - 32)

vbimport

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the Dynex DX-LCD32-09 - 32. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]bought this for my bedroom… i hooked it up to my digital cable (comcast) …when i check what it is displaying in its 720x480i mono… how can i get it to 720i… i am currently watching a football game that is brodcasting in hd… just looking for a little help ive already googled it with no luck :frowning:

If your using the comcast receiver box then you should be able to access some controls thru that to make the change. I’m using U-verse and I can change output to 1080i thru the options.

Good luck, hope you get it.

You also have to have HD service and tune the HD channel. Assuming both of those criteria have been met, then it is likely a setup issue as pointed out above.

Also, you have to connect the HD receiver to the TV using HDMI or component cables.

[QUOTE=chris_hays1;2184722][qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the Dynex DX-LCD32-09 - 32. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]bought this for my bedroom… i hooked it up to my digital cable (comcast) …when i check what it is displaying in its 720x480i mono… how can i get it to 720i… i am currently watching a football game that is brodcasting in hd… just looking for a little help ive already googled it with no luck :([/QUOTE]
Actually you mean 720p. A friend with a new Panasonic 1080p set asked me to take a look at his setup. HD looked decent but not what it should have looked like. Checking the output of his Dish receiver it was set to 480p, upping it made a dramatic difference. Look for output settings from your cable box as was mentioned. 720p should be an option.

ok thank… i just purchased HD but all the comcast locations are closed today so i cant go get my box… ill get it 2morrow… i also need to find some HDMI cables…ill probably swing by best buy and get them

[QUOTE=chris_hays1;2187198]ok thank… i just purchased HD but all the comcast locations are closed today so i cant go get my box… ill get it 2morrow… i also need to find some HDMI cables…[B]ill probably swing by best buy and get them[/B][/QUOTE]
And pay through the nose. Try your local Home Center.

bought my hdmi cable from target $19.99 … higher than what i can get them online but didnt wanna wait… hooked everything up and it looks great…