DYMO DiscPainter Discontinued

vbimport

I have followed this site for years…lurking mostly. I recently decided to get a CD/DVD printer as I have grown weary of the time lightscribe takes to make a readable label.

I decided to try the DYMO DiscPainter system. The machine was a problem right out of the box. I spoke to a tech who said it should be exchanged. I asked about a upgrade to the DiscPainter to use more colors of ink and less dithering. I was told there would be no upgrade and the current DiscPainter had been discontinued.

I sent it back to the vendor for a refund. One of my local big box stores finally had the Epson R280 in stock. I bought one and I am very impressed with the quality of the three TY Watershield prints I have made.

Many thanks to the great folks posting their knowledge on this forum.

Thanks for the info. A member was asking about printers in chat last night and i mentioned the dymo.

I decided that if DYMO had no more plans for the DiscPainter…neither would I. I have an EPSON 2200P but it is clogged and I have no more time to fight with it. I use a local lab to print all my stuff now and it is much cheaper. All I need a printer for is for the occasional invoice and to print CD/DVD labels. The R280 appears to do this just fine and at an initial cheep price.

As usual the printer should be free because they make their money from the ink. I just with EPSON would improve the software you use for printing the CD/DVDs. I have been using the Sure Thing Deluxe 5 for lightscribe and I really like that software a lot. The Epson software is lacking in many regards.

I used the blue on my clogged Epson R320 and it works like brand new now http://printheadcleaningkit.com/

I bought a Epson RX680 when it was down and haven’t installed it yet. I’m thinking about giving one of these a try when i install it http://cgi.ebay.com/Cis-ciss-ink-system-for-Epson-R260-R380-Rx580-rx680_W0QQitemZ290281412948QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Toner?hash=item290281412948&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50