Recently after rebuilding my pc my burner keeps randomly locking up while burning. It started by locking up when at 99% of being done with any burning program and more recently started locking up randomly anytime during the burn. I do not get any error messages from the software, just locks up and I have to hard reset my PC as it won't shutdown/restart on its own afterwards. Just last night it locked up while I was copying some files from a DVD and once dissappear from the bios scan and this leads me to believe the drive is going bad. I didn't have problems that I could remember before I rebuilt my pc from my intel based system (p4 2.6c with i875 chipset) to my new Dual core Opteron system with a ULI based chipset (ULi M1695/ ULi M1567), I have tried both the south bridge's sata ports, the sata2 connector (JMB360 chipset), upgraded the firmware on my drive to the latest out and changed sata cables with pretty much the same results. The problem seems to be getting progressivly worse as time goes on which leads me to believe it was just a fluke it started to get flakey after my upgrade. Just to make sure however, before I buy another burner (my plextor is about 2 months out of warrenty :a ), I'm looking for some advice if there is anything else I can do to fix it.