DWQ58A: no DVD* & - burning Again!

Hi everybody! I’m desperate. I’ve got a Vaio desktop PC VCGV3M originally equipped dvd56a… After burning flawlessly some data dvd’s and making with success the 2 recovery dvd’s with the sonic software, provided with the PC, I had to burn a DVD+R, ande disovered that the drive bagan to not recognize blank DVD+ and -R. Everything ok, instead, with blank cd and RW DVD. They were recognized and properly burned. Curiously, even pre-recorded DVD were “hooked” my the optical pickup and session added…!!! But when inserting blank DVD, the drive hummed a little then stopped with the light on (cd+r) or off (cd-r), even from the bios boot…so, I thought, non a software connected fault…but a hardware fault…DVD gone!!
Well, I ordered a brand new DWQ58A drive…installed it, and, well, I jous recorded a second copy of the recovery DVD…and no other…but enough to guess everithing was ok.
Then, this morning, I went to burn a DVD and…AGAIN…no blank DVD burning !!! This time, the blank DVD’s (+ and - R) are correctly detected in the Nero drive information…but trying to burn it, get the message (never noticed before) …"you are about to create a multisession write once dvd disk…asking me to chose between multisession and write at once session and, whatever option I choose, after mumbling for 1/2 minutes Nero get me an error message. The same warning, I hadn’t noticed before too, I get from the Sonic software, and the burning session fails there too…
But, again, everything ok with, CD’s (R and RW), DVD’s RW, and DVD’s + and - R with a session already started…
It seems that the recorder in DVD + & -R ca’t burn the lad in track on its own…
So, what shall I do now? Sure I’, going to buy an external DVD recorder, but I’m terribly disappointed with SonY…
Any idea on how overcome the problem will be welcome,
Thanks in advance

Lorenzo
It seems like something get corrupted in that machine in a few days…installed with the PC. It seems something get corrupted, when I try to burn them, a message (I had not noticed before) tells me: even installed was a

Un update: it works fine just with tdk DVD + R…

Update the burning software.

You must use a real & up-to-date burning app for burning on dvd media!