DW822a burning DVD-RW Dilemma?

:a
I recently brought DW822a it says it support DVD-RW format, so i also brought Memorex 2x DVD-RW with it. Here comes the problem i canโ€™t format the disc with InCD or directcd. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: I can burn dvd-RW with nero but it always says that data verification failed? :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: I updated my firmware to B3IC, but i still have the same problem! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
Does anyone have similar experience?

Plz help!

yes, dvd-rw can be tricky with the 822.
Princo 2x dvd-rw doesnโ€™t work either.

It burns OK and read fine with other players and DVD readers. The problem with 822A, it wonโ€™t read what it burnt with DVD-RW. -R, +R, +RW are fantastic with this burner.

the problem is i have to use DVD-RW
because my old computer has a pioneer dvd-r, dvd-rw writer and itโ€™s connected to the internet, so when i donwload games and stuff i could burn it and bring it to upstairs and play it. (can;t play on the old, laggs too much)
dvd-rw is better than -r cuz u can write stuff in it and delete stuff using directcd.

Does anyone have DVD-RW working??
anyone??? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

1. DVD+R(W) is technically superior to DVD-R(W)
  2. 822a works better with +R(W)
  3. there is a utility bundled by benq which allows you to fake a +R(W) disc to a -R(W) and ROM
  4. IMO nero INCD sucks. Get sonic DLA or prinnicle instantdrive.
  5. use a router to share you internet connection is a better solution to your situation

what utility???

booktype management.
can be found on those cds come with the package.
search around in thise forum you will find the latest version of it as well.

here is the link at Benq site. There is also a faq at the site FYI

http://support.benq.com/files/Storage/Software/Book%20Type%20Management/BookType%20Management%20v8.3.zip

But donโ€™t use version 8.2 as it had some problemsโ€ฆ

HI
You seems desperateโ€ฆ:iagree:
I use these Emtec DVD-RW with my 822A B3IC and work witouth problems
Film data all burned @2,4 max:iagree:
http://products.emtec-group.com/en/en/Consumer_Media/Burning_Writing/Recordable_Dvds/Dvd-Rw/
Donโ€™t Worry Be HappY :cool: