DW1655 Normal DMA Setting

I just noticed that my DW1655 is running at DMA Mode 2 but if I check my Plextor 716A on another computer it is running at Mode 4.

I have found a couple threads that suggest Mode 2 is normal for some of the other BenQ models but did not find one specfic to to the 1655.

Is Mode 2 normal for the DW1655?

TIA

Yes, UDMA-2 is the highest DMA rate supported by the 1650/55, your configuration is fine. :iagree:

Thanks for the quick reply! :smiley:

I realize this is an old thread, but I found it while researching the same question posted by VideoRoy and wanted to confirm Kim Jong’s answer is still correct in light of the following product data sheet from BenQ, which indicates the DW1655 supports Ultra DMA 66/100. My DW1655 is also running at Ultra DMA Mode 2, but I’m wondering if it’s possible to get that up to Ultra DMA Mode 4 and, if so, what I would need to get there. Here’s the link:

ftp://12.145.38.159/dvd-rw%2Fdatasheets%2Fprg_storage_200512.pdf

Thanks.

Damon

Welcome Damon Line to the forums. :slight_smile:

From what I remember it was only the Benq 1640 that could achieve udma 4 mode by crossflashing the drive to the external firmware. The 1655 is not able to achieve that as far as I can remember. If you want to take a look at the Benq firmwares here’s a link. But you’ll have to open that link up with either internet explorer or install ie tab plug-in if you use Mozilla Firefox browser. It will not open up any other way unless you use internet explorer. You’ll also have to join that site in order to download any firmwares. :wink:

http://dvd-rw.hoppy.tk/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?list=B

Good report, Welcome to CDF