Dw1640 tray ejects by itself whenever i insert media

i’m having a strange problem that i can’t seem to find any information on. whenever i put any kind of media into my dw1640 and close the tray, the tray then opens by itself. most of the time i just close the tray again and it stays in but every now and then i will have to close the tray 3+ times. the drive works fine so it’s only a minor annoyance…i was wondering if anyone else has encountered this? i’ve upgraded to the latest firmware (bsrb) and made sure there are no strange processes running in the background.

thanks!

i have this same problem too…only i have never experienced more than 1 eject. I think it may be a minor glitch with the RPC1 beta firmware.

I have the same exact problem with my Sony 810A crossflashed to BSLB .
I don’t think it has anything to do with software or firmware , it is the internal drive’s loading mechanism .
I sometimes give the tray a push during its way in and it works , anyway the drive is working very well despite of this annoying “little” problem :bigsmile:

I have experienced the same problem (about 1 out of 4 disks would eject after being loaded). This happened after a disk got stuck in the drive and I ejected the disk by pushing a paperclip through the eject hole (I should have powered it off first!) However, I have done this many times in the past (with different drives) and this is the first time I have had problems.

My solution was:
Eject the tray via the button, I then manually pulled the tray out further until it slips about a quarter inch.

I am not 100% sure that I have solved the problem (but it certainly hasn’t ejected once in the last two days!) I will test some more and post the results here.