DW1620 - Keeps giving Write Error

Recently my BenQ DW1620 writer keeps giving my the error “Write Error”.
I’ve already burned like 200 DVD’s with it (all Platinum DVD+R 8x) but now suddenly it gives this error (already cooked like 15 dvd’s…).
It started after I used the program “Auto Patcher XP”, that installs a lot of Windows Updates, like security updates etc. Maybe one of those updates gives a problem in combination with the DW1620? But i atleast, don’t know which.
I already upgraded to the latest firmware, that didn’t solve the problem either.

So i was hoping, some of you guys here, could help me out.

Welcome to cdfreaks :slight_smile:
Post the text output of Nero Infotool as text file attachment using the Manage Attatchments button so we can have a look at your config.
Did you also change the media, e.g. by using a new spindel of Platinum ? Read out the media code you your disks using DVDIdentifier and post the result. Also check some older disks that worked fine to see if the media has changed.

This is what DVD Identifier said:

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:CMC MAG-E01-000]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [Not Available]
Manufacturer Name : [CMC Magnetics Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG]
Media Type ID : [E01]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x]

[ DVD Identifier V4.2.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Btw from the current spindle i had already burned 40 DVD’s, before the errors began. And i assume that they are all the same on 1 spindle of 100 DVD’s?

Probably, but checking does not hurt :slight_smile:

Your infotool output has no upper/lower filter output. Make sure all checkboxes are active in the save window.
A NVidia ide driver is always good for problems. You could try to remove it, instructions are in the FAQ of the Plextor forum.

Hmmz, all checkboxes were actually checked, so don’t know why that is.

And about the IDE drivers, hmmz kinda scary part :wink: I removed 'em ones and tried installing new ones, but i had to reinstall windows, cause windows refused to boot again :stuck_out_tongue: That was when there were these major problems with nForce drivers (like version 2.77 or something). But i’ll read the guide and might give it a try :slight_smile: Thnx for helping, anyway.

Well the error rate, was a little lower for a few weeks… Especially when i used dvd decrypter, while burning images.
Now i need burn some files, so i need to use Nero. Tried 4 times now, and 3 times i got a write error (tried 8x, 4x and 2x) and last time i got a session fixation error or something :confused:

I have no clue on why this is still happening… i no longer use the nForce drivers btw…

I had exactly the same with my 1620. From one moment to another it gave nothing but write errors. I tried different media and software but didn’t help. I trashed the 1620 and bought me a 1640. Now i can burn everything.

Hmmz, not very durable then, those BenQ writers. Or is it just the 1620? Cause if need to buy a new dvd-writer, i’m kinda anxious to buy a BenQ again, since it might brake down again…

MY DW1620 Just started doing the same thing. It worked fine for months, then all of a sudden it just crapped out. I can still burn CDs sometimes, but never dvds anymore.
I haven’t made any configuration changes and I’ve tried some other ben-q branded media aswell with no change in results.

I checked the other threads about broken 1620s but I havent been able to fix mine.

DVD identifier

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:OPTODISCR004]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [Optodisc Technology Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [OPTODISCR004]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]

[ DVD Identifier V4.3.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

and my Nero info tool is attached. Any Ideas?

dw1620.txt (45.2 KB)

Are you trying more than one type of dvd? Optodisc isnt the best quality.

The other ben-q branded media I’ve tried is this

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:FUJIFILM03]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [Fuji Film]
Manufacturer ID : [FUJIFILM03]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]

[ DVD Identifier V4.3.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

I’ve been useing optidisk for months with no problems.

I am having same type problem…I have a 1620 (second one) and it just stopped working, taking forever to start writing and taking forever to finish. I have had this one for about 7 months, the other one lasted about 1. months., I use ty media…back to the old old backups…plextor 504a its really slow only 4x but i haved burned over 3000 dvds with it!!