DW1620 and TYG02 Always fails data verification

vbimport

Hi, I have a Benq DW1620 pro with B7W9 firmware. I use TY 8x DVD-Rs (from supermediastore), and whenever I do a software data verify post-burn (Roxio, Nero, Sonic), it always fails. I’ve tried no multi-session, turning off WSOP, writing at 4x/8x/12x, and not filling the entire disc with files. It happens if I write pictures, video files, et al. But when I burn an ISO with Imgburn, the verify almost always passes. Should I try DVD+Rs instead? Or maybe it’s bad RAM? I really don’t know.

My recent 12x data burn:

One of the facts that came out when I researched this drive, was that it didn’t like -R media. A fact I have also found out myself, by foolishly believing that they had fixed this with the later firmware.

Yeah, I’ve decided to just order some T02s from rima. A friend is also sending me some spare RAM. I only hesitant because I already ordered some new TY02s, and I’m not sure my old PS2 v.4 can handle +Rs. (I’ve heard conflicting reports) Still unsure if this will remedy the problem though.

If anyone has more insight on this verify issue, much appreciated.

[QUOTE=Kirosia;2094905]Hi, I have a Benq DW1620 pro with B7W9 firmware. I use TY 8x DVD-Rs (from supermediastore), and whenever I do a software data verify post-burn (Roxio, Nero, Sonic), it always fails.[/QUOTE]
Verify feature in these programs is not too reliable, it often fails even with a good media (especially in Nero :doh:).
You should test your media in Nero CD DVD Speed with its Transfer rate test or ScanDisc feature.

The reason why it bothers me is because I use CloneDVD2 to split videos, and I keep getting short “pauses” during playback. I went to their website, it’s apparently a common burner/media issue. I’ve tried a couple diagnostic tests, and it usually passes. I have noticed that during the write process, the speed can vary by a lot. It’ll go from say 2.4x to 6x to 12x to 3x sometimes.

[QUOTE=beef barley;2095135]One of the facts that came out when I researched this drive, was that it didn’t like -R media. A fact I have also found out myself, by foolishly believing that they had fixed this with the later firmware.[/QUOTE]I’ve to agree and also disagree… :flower:
@pepst. :iagree:

Early BenQ’s burners are just plain Philips/Nexperia +DVDRW drives (BenQ DW1620 included) they will fare best with plus (+) media.

But when it comes to data verification MD5 hush , or any other CRC software should be used.
(note, Mocosoft softwares are not present on my burning boxes anymore, except for verifying quality, llike the CD/DVD Speed)
If movie is skipping then get other media, like Yuden +Rs or Verbatim MCC-004.

Happy burnning Kirosia :slight_smile:

Yep, T02’s are already on the way here. I hope it fixes the problem, I used to use Verbatims +Rs, but I don’t remember if I enabled software verify. I actually bought my drive approx. 3 years ago, so it may be what you said.

Is it possible that this only affects my created DVDs, not my data discs? I don’t recall the video files on them freezing that way.

[QUOTE=Kirosia;2095663]…Is it possible that this only affects my created DVDs, not my data discs? I don’t recall the video files on them freezing that way.[/QUOTE]Simple logics gives you the answer. :flower:
[Never seen a movie disc or data disc being burned different… as they per se use the same standard…]

Damn. There’s no way I can back and acquire all those now-burnt files. Still, it only seemed to happen when using clonedvd2 to convert and burn movie files. Yeah, I know, I’m trying to lie to myself.