Dw-u14a

Hi

I have got my DW-U14A drive yeasterday, and it was OEM and really OEM no screws even.

But I did get DVD and Cd easy cd creator 6. This is lite, I had version 5 platinum and loved it but I had to uninstall it.

I really dont like it, hardly any features I can use.

And I dont think it works.

The problem is there was no drive and no software, I was wondering if there are any links for the drive.

I hope someone can help.

Plus

I got some software called DVDit! PE

Any one got any software names that I can build my own DVD with menus. I want to use about 4.01GB on a disk but the software says I have got 5.01GB and have to leave and I want the 4.01, anyone know why??

ThanksDW-U14A

I was thinking about this drive for myself, it is basically the OEM of the DRU510A. My concern about buying Sony OEM is the lack of firmware support. Does anyone where OEM firmware can be downloaded, or if the drive can be flashed to a true DRU510A?

I don’t mind about the lack of screws - I have loads of them - but I would like more detail about some of the comments you made.

Originally posted by sg58
But I did get DVD and Cd easy cd creator 6. This is lite, I had version 5 platinum and loved it but I had to uninstall it.

would this be Roxio’s Easy CD/DVD creator ?

[B]I really dont like it, hardly any features I can use.

And I dont think it works.[/B]

I hope you mean the software…?

The problem is there was no drive and no software,

What do you mean by this comment. No drive and software…? You already stated you got some software. Hopefully you mean there were no blank disks with the drive…?

Yeh the software that came with it was roxio cd and dvd creator 6 but a lite version, so not all the functions of the software work (greyed out). I had the version 5 platinum, that was great but had to uninstall.

That is the only software that came with it, no drives, which I think it should, as I have looked everywere and phoned everywere and there is no drives in for the U14A.

But the people at sony are gonna phone me with help, but I don’t hold my breath, I was wondering if anyone else knows were I can get any drives, for this model or is the 5010A.

Thanks

OK thanks, I would not expect any drivers with any optical drive. DOS drivers are usually downloadable, but I can’t see me ever needing those…

Yeah, I ordered this thing and got the OEM as well,

Only thing, I at least got Nero 6 OEM with it instead
of the Adaptec Software…

Drive seems to work great and I haven’t had any issues with
media yet.

Anyone planning to try and upgrade the firmware with the

Sony DRU510A firmware?

I noticed that drive has a 1.0c update, and the firmware
in the Sony DW-U14A came with version 1.0b firmware…

Read in google searches that they are the exact same drive, so
I might try and hack the 1.0c firmware to see if it could flash
onto the DW-U14A drive…

Yo! I’ve been having some problems with mine (DWU-14A). Can’t seem to get DVDXCopy to work. Otherwise, it plays DVDs fine. I take you can’t just download the firmware update and install it. Does it need to be hacked? If so, how does one go about that??

HI

I used that and its okay for just the movie, but I use CLONE DVD and it is much better, you can keep menus and have all the extras and it fits on a 4.7 disk.

You do need ANY DVD to work with it but the trial to see if you want it. It is really worth it, as you would’nt even know it was a copy.

Hope this helps

WOOT! I found an oem version of the firmware - flashed - and it’s all good now. All thanks to --forum.rpc1.org-- . Yo - thanks to all my peeps on cdreaks as well!

-“it’s better to burn (dvds) out than fade away!”