DVRTool - Pioneer DVR/BDR firmware flashing utility (v1.02)

vbimport

[QUOTE=czary2mary1;2786947]Here the correct firmware[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much for your help, and for your quick replies!

edit: Both drives downgraded successfully to v1.33. Yay!

[QUOTE=czary2mary1;2786947]
[B]Edit
[/B][Please correcting the link in the post 2786942
http://club.myce.com/f87/dvrtool-pioneer-dvr-bdr-firmware-flashing-utility-v1-02-a-340357/index4.html#post2786942 ][/QUOTE]

Alright.

[QUOTE=KTL;2786896]My S09XLT has no problems with MEIRB1(001) using 1.34.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this tidbit! I now burned another MEIRB1(001) on my S09XLT fw.1.33 and it failed (failed even post-burn verification, didn’t bother to scan).

It seems I have an issue with my external PCIe card with ASM-chipset controlling the S09XLT. Somehow the caching is going way off and the drive is going to zero cache during burning and the speed fluctuates wildly.

This didn’t happen when the drive was connected to my motherboards internal SATA-controller (which is now blocked and unusable due to oversized gfx card).

However, my MediaRange (CMC MAG-DI6000) now burn ok on the same S09XLT drive with fw1.33, while they totally failed (always) with fw1.34.

Really weird.

[QUOTE=Halcyon;2786977]

It seems I have an issue with my external PCIe card with ASM-chipset controlling the S09XLT. Somehow the caching is going way off and the drive is going to zero cache during burning and the speed fluctuates wildly.

This didn’t happen when the drive was connected to my motherboards internal SATA-controller (which is now blocked and unusable due to oversized gfx card).
[/QUOTE]
Mine is actually in this external USB3 enclosure through a 4-port NEC/Renesas-based chipset PCIe controller card.

I have a Syba 4-port SATA PCIe card based on the Silicon Image chipset in which the Flash chip was flashed to the BASE BIOS, and there are two other DVD/CD and two Bluray burners attached to it. A lot of current controller cards are based off ASM and Marvel chipsets, but I specifically look for Silicon Image since I’ve always had good luck with them.

Pioneer slim BDR- MODELS SEARCHED

We are looking for holders of such models or persons who have access to these types of BluRay Pioneer …
Any additional information or inquiries please direct either to me or @ Blackened2687

Pioneer BD-RW:
BDR-TD02
BDR-UD02
BDR-XU03T
BDR-XS05T
BDR-XS06T

Pioneer BD-Combo:
BDC-TS02
BDC-US01
BDC-UD02
BDC-UD03

How Can I Fix Slow Read Problem On BDR-206DBK?

I have a BDR-XD05 that isn’t supported. If that’s of any help.

Are Pioneer (QSI) drives (DVR-118, DVR-119, DVR-220, DVR-221) not supported?

The program supports only Pioneer designed constructions.

@blackened2687 Thanks for your work ! I’ve read several threads about firmwares for pioneer writers and I’d like to flash my BDR-TD05AS fw1.01 to the v2.02 or at least v1.02 but it’s not so easy with this brand.

Here are my infos:

Drive Information:

Model Name : PIONEER BD-RW BDR-TD05AS

Firmware Rev : 1.01
Extra Info : 13/01/25

Additional Drive Information:

Hardware Rev : SAT 8211
Kernel Type : ID23
Firmware Type : ID23
Kernel Version : 0000

Drive is in normal mode.

The updater does not want to flash on my drive and I’ve not tried crossflash for now:
http://www.st-trade.co.jp/support/download/Farm/BDRTD05/BDR-TD05_FW102EU.EXE

and there is also a potential v2.02 here at the bottom of the page:
http://azby.fmworld.net/app/customer/driversearch/pc/drvdownload?driverNumber=E1020474

I’m more interested by the 2.02 version of course. 7-zip can extract the content of this SFX archive, and the firmware seems ot be in “.data” file, but I don’t see any kernel.
The hardware version seems to be the same from what I see in the file.
How could I safely extract the fw and flash it ?

Thanks for for you help.

You have some OEM ID.21 so factory firmware installer 1.02 does not see your version of the drive.

Firmware 2.02 is designed for OEM Fujitsu.

Support for this drive unless I remember correctly was added only in a Beta version.

OK thanks for your detailed answer, so I’ll have to wait a public version which will support my drive…

HI,everone , how can I download DVR TOOL? All links is wrong.

DVRTool

Problem with Pioneer BD206dbk

THANK YOU every much

Is there anywhere to download DVDtool v1.02 at this time? Thanks

The link above still works.

Hello everyone I just came in, I have a pioneer bdr.2209 (209m) with firmware 1.34.
Can you help me get back to old firmware versions and, if so, where can I find old versions?
Thanks, Roberto.

P.S. Can you tell me if this burner is or will ever be able to read the uhd bluray?
Thank you again.

Hi, I managed to downgrade the bdr-209 by slightly modifying the .120 file and Updater.exe with hex editor. Successful.
Hello Roberto.

Could you explain how did you do that please ?

Furthermore it is very frustrating a BDR-209/S09 device can’t be crossflashed to a BDR-211/S11 for reading UHD discs, while these units are pretty the same (same hardware and same chipset). :frowning:

Crossflash Pioneer BDR-209\S09 to Pioneer BDR-211\S11

There is no technical possibility of such an operation and it will never be …