DVRTool - Pioneer DVR/BDR firmware flashing utility (v1.02)

vbimport

DVRTool
Firmware flashing utility for Pioneer DVR/BDR drives

Like DVRFlash, this utility allows you to flash a Pioneer DVR/BDR drive (or compatible) with a relevant firmware, and to escape the restrictions set by official Pioneer flashing software. It is based on fPLScsi (by NIL), which is a forked version of great PLScsi (written by Pat LaVarre).

Key features:

[ol]
[li]Full flashing support for DVR-103 - DVR-217 drives (103/104 models weren’t tested yet) and for DVR-K12 - DVR-XD10 drives.
[/li]
[li]Full flashing support for BDR-101 - BDR-206 drives (not all of them were tested for crossflashing, but everything should work without problems).
[/li]
[li]Partial flashing support for BDR-207 - BDR-209 (due to new kinds of protection from drive crossflashing), see the included readme file for more information.
[/li]
[li]Full firmware dumping support for DVR-112 - DVR-217 drives and for DVR-K17 - DVR-XD10 model.
[/li]
[li]Partial dumping support for DVR-110/111 and DVR-K16 drives (no header will be created for the dumps). More details in the included readme file.
[/li][/ol]

Usage instructions:

Usage of DVRTool is very similar to the usage of DVRFlash with some additional commands. For anyone who used DVRFlash before there will be no problems using DVRTool. :wink:

The basic command line for DVRTool is

DVRTool {command} {device} [file1] [file2] [/option]

Supported commands:

-f  or --flash        - for normal flashing
-ff or --forceflash   - for kernel flashing
-i  or --getinfo      - for drive information report
-dk or --dumpkernel   - for kernel dumping
-df or --dumpfirmware - for firmware dumping
-k  or --kernelmode   - for entering the kernel mode

See the included readme.txt for more information and for usage examples.

Don’t forget to check out my information report command (-i)! :wink:

I would like to thank the people who helped me in development and whose work I’ve used writing this tool:

Pat LaVarre

For the original PLScsi - it rocks! :bow:

NIL

For the excellent work with fPLScsi! :clap:

Agent Smith, et al

For the one and only DVRFlash, which I’ve used as a reference all the time! :bow:

Liggy

For sharing with me your brilliant knowledge about device access and drive flashing, without you I would never written this tool! :bow::bow::bow:

czary2mary

For your priceless help with testing of this tool from the very first versions, for helping me to obtain some extremely rare drives which I would never find in the place I live, and for being such a good friend! :bow::bow::bow:

cvs

For the extra testing of the tool, for a lot of rare firmware dumps and for all your help and support! :clap:

And of course, the administrators and members of CDFreaks/MyCE and CDRInfo.pl communities

For being such a great people and for all the help and advices you gave me when I was a novice at CD/DVD/BD business! :clap::clap::clap: Thank you very much! :bow::bow::bow:

changelog & download in second post!

Please write all your feedback and suggestions in this topic. If you want to share some important information, feel free to write me a PM.

I can't burn Primeon BD DL after updating burner firmware (Pioneer BDR-209DBK)

THX for this tool! :iagree:
I have no use for it right now,but I archived it to serve it’s purpose when I’ll actually need it…which will happen sooner or later…:wink:

Great job, blackened2687! Very useful tool! Well done! :bow::bow:

[B]@blackened2687[/B]
Big enormous gratitude for your work !!!:bow::bow::bow::bow::clap::clap::clap::clap:
I know you spent every free moment over the past few months to work on the program and its code.
Below are examples of the program even with test versions

-i : info drive
-dk : dumpkernel
-df : dumpfirmware
-f : flashing firmware
-ff : crossflash drive

Very well done blackened2687. Making this thread a sticky.

Great Job. Looking forward to further developments.

Great job, well done! :smiley:
Will it be possible to crossflash a 208D to a 208M with this tool? IIRC there’s a kernel GENERAL firmware available for the 208M.

Thanks to everyone for your words! :clap:

Small update to the tool:

[B]DVRTool v1.01[/B]

[B]Changelog:[/B]

[ol]
[li]Added full dumping support for DVR-XD10 drive - thanks to [B]jadburner[/B]! :clap:
[/li]
[li]Fixed the bug when the [B]TEAC DV-W5000x[/B] drives could not be crossflashed to [B]DVR-x16[/B] series drives.
[/li]
[li]Normal flashing command ([B]-f[/B]) now supports kernel flashing. Hardware revision and kernel type should match in both the firmware and the drive.
[/li]
[li]Forced flashing command ([B]-ff[/B]) now should be used only for crossflashing between hardware revisions and/or kernel types.
[/li][/ol]

[B]Download the updated version in the attached archive below[/B]

DVRTool_v1.01.zip (23.9 KB)

[B]Oinker[/B], it’s untested yet, but [B]could[/B] be possible. It seems, that newer drive series have brand-new kind of protection from crossflashing… But if you want to experiment, I can give you a password necessary to allow the crossflashing of your drive. Remember, that the drive can be bricked after crossflashing and will remain in the kernel mode due to this protection.

Could the moderators please update the first post with the new tool version?

Teac DV-W5000x \ Pioneer DVR-x16
Crossflash in both directions running smoothly:clap::iagree:

Great job! :clap: Both of my DVR drives are seen, kernel and firmwares can be dumped too.

[QUOTE=blackened2687;2765647]Could the moderators please update the first post with the new tool version?[/QUOTE]
I’ll do so soon.

Great tool, thanks :slight_smile:

@Albert: 1.xx then? :wink:

[B]DVRTool v1.02[/B]
[download latest version]

[ol]
[li]Added flashing support for BDC-207DBK drive (for the case if the firmware for these drives will become available) - thanks to [B]czary2mary[/B]! :clap:
[/li]
[li]Added the indication of internal reflashing progress for BDR-205 and newer drives (checking the sense data during the internal reflashing).
[/li][/ol]

[B]DVRTool v1.01[/B]

[ol]
[li]Added full dumping support for DVR-XD10 drive - thanks to [B]jadburner[/B]! :clap:
[/li]
[li]Fixed the bug when the [B]TEAC DV-W5000x[/B] drives could not be crossflashed to [B]DVR-x16[/B] series drives.
[/li]
[li]Normal flashing command ([B]-f[/B]) now supports kernel flashing. Hardware revision and kernel type should match in both the firmware and the drive.
[/li]
[li]Forced flashing command ([B]-ff[/B]) now should be used only for crossflashing between hardware revisions and/or kernel types.
[/li][/ol]

[B]DVRTool v1.00[/B]

[ol]
[li]Initial public release.
[/li][/ol]

@Blackened2687
I’d be happy … I think I will not give it to you …:wink:

DVRTool info works in BDR-206, but not kernel and firmware dumping.

[B]@blackened2687
[/B]So it looks like …
Chipset Resenas R8J32720FPV + OPU Pioneer

[QUOTE=czary2mary1;2765607][B]@blackened2687[/B]
Big enormous gratitude for your work !!!:bow::bow::bow::bow::clap::clap::clap::clap:
I know you spent every free moment over the past few months to work on the program and its code.
[/QUOTE]

Well said… I second that! :clap: Many, many thanks for creating a very useful tool and for all the time and effort that went into its creation :flower: :flower: :flower:

Thanks to everyone for the comments, tests and screenshots! :flower:

Another small update to the tool:

[B]DVRTool v1.02[/B]

[ol]
[li]Added flashing support for BDC-207DBK drive (for the case if the firmware for these drives will become available) - thanks to [B]czary2mary[/B]! :clap:
[/li]
[li]Added the indication of internal reflashing progress for BDR-205 and newer drives (checking the sense data during the internal reflashing).
[/li][/ol]

[B]Download the updated version in the attached archive below[/B]

DVRTool_v1.02.zip (23.3 KB)

[B]KTL[/B], I doubt that the dumping is possible for BDR drives. :frowning: Maybe there are other dumping commands exist, which will work with BDR drives, but I don’t know them.