DVRFlash 2.2 released!

http://lasvegas.rpc1.org/

changelog:

v2.2 - KX4/KX5/110 release
New features:
o Mac version now Universal Binary (PPC & x86)
o APPLE, ACER and SONY (OEM) support added
o DVR-K04 support
o DVR-K14 support
o DVR-K05 support
o DVR-K15 support
o DVR-110 support
o DVR-110D/A10 support
o More workaround for Kernel Mode

Thanx to Agent Smith!!! :bow:

very sweet. seen! Hopefully with this we can crossflash a 110D into a 110 with DVD-RAM writing support as soon as an official firmware is released. Let us hope so.

Thanks a lot. :slight_smile:

Yes. It is possible to cross-flash a DVR-110D to DVR-110 (or visa-verse for that matter). Because it actually changes the Generation of the drive from 0011 (DVR-110D) to 0010 (DVR-110), there is an extra risk involved. DVRFlash will refuse to make this change normally even with the Force (-f) parameter.

While it has been done successfully, the risk is entirely on the person doing this cross-flash. Do not come crying when your drive doesn’t work anymore! To do this this with DVRFlash you need to administer a “Superforce” command by entering the Force parameter twice. IE:

> DVRFlash -ff X: RB1XX010.XXX RB1XX110.XXX

Where ‘X:’ is the location of the drive (‘PIONEER’ on a Mac) and the filenames are the firmware and kernel being flashed.

so who’s brave enough to try 110d->110

are you able to flash back? or no one knows…
since i dont have any dvd-rams, i wont risk it

Yes. Those that have tried have successfully cross-flashed from DVR-110D -> DVR-110 -> Buffalo DVR-110D and back again to DVR-110. Note that the Superforce, or double-f command is needed to flash either way from or to DVR-110

wow, any news on the DVD-Ram feature working on a 110d once crossflashed?

Yes. That is the only reason one would want to make that particular cross-flash.

sorry to ask again,

lasvegas , so does DVD-Ram writing work after crossflash to 110 from 110d…???

I haven’t been able to find any threads on this topic, I have looked in a few forums already…

you mentioned thats why people want to crossflash, however my question is does the DVD-Ram write work after the crossflash??

I am thinking that it may require more than a crossflash to get dvd-ram working on the 110d

As I said in the first post on this subject:

Cross-flashing to DVR-110 has been done successfully. It does, in fact, allow full support of DVD-RAM discs. There is no other reason one would want to perform this conversion.

Darn, why can’t or won’t some people just read carefully…?

Thanks for all the hard work, Las Vegas, Agent Smith and all others involved! :bow:

Las Vegas

All the hardwork is really great, and I like the fact that if we dont like new fw pio releases we now have way back. :slight_smile:

thanks lasvegas, sorry for asking a few times, i didn’t quite catch your cryptic post…

now my question is what speed does the 110 read DVD-Ram’s at???
x2 or x5???

EDIT: Found it

DVD-RAM Max 5x CLV

hmmmmmmmmmm i am really wondering what will happen with a crossflashed version, have to wait for results

which brings something to my mind, why has pioneer delayed the release of the 110/A10 if its exactly the same drive…hmmmmmmmmmm
hmmmmm
:eek: im lost

could they be tweaking the firmware???

Could be… Could be also licensing issues (same reason for the Rip-locking practice).

Woohoo, thanks! Now I don’t have to install my 110 in my old PC before putting it in my Powermac. Thanks a ton!

curious as to how you guys tested this as no 110 firmware has been released to try a crossflash. It is good to know you can do so however. Would be nice when pioneer does release a 110 firmware so the TDB can add region free etc to it making it the ultimate firmware.

My crossflashing results :smiley:

One more :smiley:

This, I’m afraid, has to remain a deep dark secret until those in the know decide to make it official. Testing isn’t entirely complete. You would prefer knowing the code you’re literally forcing down your drive’s throat has been fully tested… Right? Accept for now that the firmware will be available in a short time.

Used this to crossflash to the TDB bitsetting firmware with success. Thanks LV et al.