Hi. I’m new here, it seems that there are MANY burning speed issues with this DVR 108 !?? I’ll try to make it quick, I just installed it, it works fine, but when I burn a DVD using NERO 126.96.36.199, the available speed goes from 4x to 12x, I selected 8x and the burn process took 40 minutes !!!
Here’s a quick detail of the configuration :
- DELL 4600 P4 2.6 Ghz 512Mb ram
- DVD burner DVR 108 BK firmware 1.14
- NERO 188.8.131.52
- Harddrive benchmark read 47000 Kb/s (which is enough for 16x as well)
- DVD 25 pack RiDisc 8x barcode 5 060043 493677
- DVD burner set on secondary IDE map as SLAVE, jumper on cable/select
- DVD reader / CDRW writer on 2nd IDE map as Master jumper on C/S too
- On system device manager, 2nd IDE channel properties, I’ve set slave propeties to “DMA if available” but after ok, it stays to “PIO Mode”.
What can I do ??? Is it because of the configuration or because of the discs ??