Dvr to new LCD TV connection question

vbimport

I’m looking to get a new LCD TV in the near future.
I’ve noticed that only a small portion of them have S-Video inputs. My direc-tv dvr has no component or hdmi outputs, only s-video and composite. (I am not going to be using HD). At present, I have my S-video output from the dvr going to my tv, and the composite output going to my dvd-recorder.
My question is, in an effort to not limit my tv selection to just those with s-video inputs - can I purchase one of those multiple device connectors and run my s-video and composite outputs from dvr into the multiple device connector, and then route component cables from the multiple connector, into the component inputs of the tv. Theoretically, it seems it would work but, at present, my svideo connection runs direct to the tv, and is not effected by what I do with the other devices. I’m wondering what would happen when my dvd recorder, and dvd player, (all run thru the multiple device connector) turn on - will it interrupt my connection originating from the dvr, thru the multiple device connector to the tv?
I’ve never used one of the multiple device connectors, and I don’t know it they only allow one connection to work at a time, or all devices can run at the same time, etc?
Realize I’ve probably made this as clear as Arkansas mud, but hopefully someone will understand my giberish and have the answer.
Thanks!

Since i’m from arkansas, i’m sure I can help :slight_smile:

I think I understood your question.

If you have multiple connections going to a box with one output running to your TV, only one component will work at a time.

[QUOTE=f1y;2126714]Since i’m from arkansas, i’m sure I can help :slight_smile:

I think I understood your question.

If you have multiple connections going to a box with one output running to your TV, only one component will work at a time.[/QUOTE]

I’m originally from Arkansas too, so I guess it just took a common language… :slight_smile:

Let me throw this into the equation… If I ran two outputs from the device to the tv - would that make any difference?

Thanks!

Let me throw this into the equation.
If I run two outputs from the connection device to the tv, say, on