DVR-A07XLA problem

vbimport

Wondering if anyone has seen this before, I have a friend who had a DVR109 and a DVRA07XLA in his computer and went to flash the 109, even though the 109 and A07 where on different IDE channels something still happened to the A07 and it now will not recognise any DVD’s at all now, only CD’s… It will read/burn any CD/CDR but out in any sort of DVD and it will not recognise it. I’ve tried reflashing it back to the 1.13 kernal and 1.13 firmware but nothing works. It’s recognised in BIOS correctly (Pionner DVR-107) and in windows but it just refuses to read any sort of DVD anymore. Is there anything that can be done to fix it?

Cheeers,
Pax.

Just test the drive in another computer.

I have, it’s currently in my workstation at the moment. Same problem as when it was in his. Neither of us are too fussed if we get it going or not but it’s a shame to waste a decent burner, that and I really want to know what the hell is going on with it :slight_smile:

Try unhooking any other drives, and flash the a07xl with new firmware. Then try it again.

Thanks for the suggestion but I did try flashing it with the 1.13 kernal and firmware with no other drives apart from the hdd plugged in, or should I try flashing it without the hdd hooked up as well? ie from floppy…

Thanks.
Pax.

Either use the official flashers or DVRFlash for the 107XL and DVRUpdate for the 109.
You only have to use those inoffical flashers carefully and all should be fine.

Thanks for the advice, I will give it a try later tonight and let you know how it went.

Cheers,
Pax.