DVR-215 still available

vbimport

This is a FY for everyone. I was kind of bumbed when i first read about the DVR-215 which was an excellent burner but was VERY hard to find. The replacement DVR-216 didn’t seem very good as did the replacement in samsungs like (223Q) didn’t seem that good either. Well for those who are not aware of it they are still selling the DVR-215 directly from pioneer:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Shop/DVD-Burners/Serial+ATA+DVD+Burners/ci.DVR-215D.Shop?tab=A

Unfortunatly most people will probably be charged tax but hey its not any more expensive, after shipping, then the DVR-216 from newegg.

Now if only this drive had the bookmark feature but hey nothing is perfect.

Ncage

Welcome to the forum ncage

Nice find and the price is decent enough.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

For UK users, www.svp.co.uk also has the 215 and 215D in stock :slight_smile:

In Germany it is no problem to get the DVR-215D. I got my 215 today. I ordered the drive at one of the local computer stores. It took ~3 or 4 days till I had the drive.

At the moment it is no problem to get this drive in Germany. It is more a problem to get a PX-760A or PX-760SA :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=TM;2114193]In Germany it is no problem to get the DVR-215D. I got my 215 today. I ordered the drive at one of the local computer stores. It took ~3 or 4 days till I had the drive.

At the moment it is no problem to get this drive in Germany. It is more a problem to get a PX-760A or PX-760SA :)[/QUOTE]

Yup, but its a problem to get a 116 or 216. :frowning:

[QUOTE=chef;2114502]Yup, but its a problem to get a 116 or 216. :([/QUOTE]

Seems to be the same here in the UK, chef, judging from a post from another UK member :iagree:

At least newegg & co have it listed since a while…nada here in Germany until now. :frowning: