DVR 215 BK trouble!

vbimport

Hello, I’m newbie here, I know this forum from googling coz Ihave trouble with my DVR215BK.
i bought it a month ago, and first of all I had done was upgrade firmware to 1.18 without even burn 1 disc at all.
Afterwards, I burned some disc and success. But then suddenly this drive stop in the middle of burning process. And more, it also stop when I copied files from DVD to HDD.

When it stopped,nero is still processing and not hang. All other software run just fine. But the burning process doesn’t continue at all. instead, I have to shutdown my computer via on/off casing button, coz I can’t open any software anymore, even when I stop the nero process in task manager, the nero window is closed but the process is still on in task manager though not eat source from CPU. I’ve tried to shutdown via startmenu or task manager, but my PC can’t shutdown.

Then, when I turn my PC on again, in the BIOS, pioneer dvr 215bk not recognized at all, even I tried to the way i had but the only way BIOS to recognized it again is after I turn off the PSU on/off button, and back it on, then my BIOS can detect it again.

I tried to restore my system by using Windows file protection system backup (copying the windows system from the original CD once again to verify if the system files are intact and not modified). After, I can burn successfully2 times, before then I restart, and again, it failed burn, and stop in the middle of burning.

i tried alcohol, clone cd, and all is the same. I tried touninstall nforce driver from my system, and it’s not working. As a note, here’s my spec:

Athlon 64 X2 4000+ at default clock.
biostar TF 7050 (MCP68) with newest nforce driver version 14.10.
250GB HDD WDC.
2GB DDR2 RAM.
ACBEL 400W PSU.

my DVR215BK is powered by sata power cable 1st molex from PSU, and using SATA cable from my mobo (in the first I using generic sata cable from buying it coz pioneer doesn’t give it in the package). My HDD is powered by 4pin molex and generic sata cable previously used for DVR215BK.

I have cross used all my SATA port in mobo between my HDD and my pioneer, but it’s not helped.

Even I uninstall nforce driver, and not helped. Still stop in the middle of burning.
This drive is stress me out! i have also 1 liteon dvdrw sohw 832 s, (IDE) and never got flawless since I bought it.

Anyone could help me, please. I’m ready to sell this pioneer.

@ motherboard,

Welcome to the Forum.

Have you ensured that your BIOS has the newest most current UpDate available installed and configured correctly for SATA Optical Drives?

Have you ensured that your MotherBoard SATA ChipSet has the newest most current UpDate available installed?

Have you ensured your MotherBoard SATA Ports are configured correctly for SATA Optical Drives?

Are you certain that your particular MotherBoard supports SATA Optical Drives? Not all MotherBoards support SATA Optical Drives.

Regards,
bjkg

uninstall any daemon tools and alcohol. try burning a dvd disc with ImgBurn?

download the latest nvidia chipset drivers for your mobo from the nvidia website. uninstall the nvidia drivers you have now then install the one you downloaded from the nvidia website.http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

don’t use the mobo cd or go to biostar’s website. disable raid in your mobo bios and set sata to ide in mobo bios as well.

if by doing all of the above and your 215 drive still doesn’t work correctly then you may have to buy a pci sata controller card w/the silicon image 3112/3114/3512 chipset in order for the drive to work. :wink:

Yes, i ensure that my mobo is support sata drive. The chipset is Geforce7050 with nforce 630a southbridge, support up to 6 sata drives.

I also have installed newest drivers from nvidia, but amazingly, though the installation process is finished, and after restart, I didn’t have Nforce 630a sata controller in my device manager. Instaed, there are just 2 Primary IDE Device, and 2 Seconday IDE device, and all is controlled with driver from microsoft (storprop, and atapi).

[QUOTE=motherboard;2077009]Yes, i ensure that my mobo is support sata drive. The chipset is Geforce7050 with nforce 630a southbridge, support up to 6 sata drives.

I also have installed newest drivers from nvidia, but amazingly, though the installation process is finished, and after restart, I didn’t have Nforce 630a sata controller in my device manager. Instaed, there are just 2 Primary IDE Device, and 2 Seconday IDE device, and all is controlled with driver from microsoft (storprop, and atapi).[/QUOTE]

Did you uninstall the old drivers before installing the new nforce 630a drivers? Try uninstalling whatever you installed then reinstall the nforce 630a version 14.10 drivers. You don’t have to install the [B]“IDE SataRAID Driver (v10.1.0.12) WHQL”[/B] drivers. Just install the [B]“IDE SataIDE Driver (v10.1.0.12) WHQL”[/B] drivers. :wink:

Yep, i uninstalled first, then install the new one version 14.10 downloaded frok nvidia website. In temp folder after extracted (mostly C:\NVIDIA…), there’s a folder named IDE, and inside are sata-ide, sata-raid, and raid tool. I know theone should be installed is sata ide. but there’s no .exe in that folder so you must install it from exe outside named setup.exe.
And in the setup windows, there’re only smbus, smu, display, ethernet, and mediashield. there’s no particular sata ide driver mentioned.

Just now, i downloaded sata ide controller from biostar website, and consist of setup.exe with only IDE folder (there’re no SMU, SMBUS, etc). When I double clicked it, the setup window only mentioned Mediashield. After I installed it, restart, and check my device manager, there’s no NVIDIA SATA IDE CONTROLLER or whatsoever.

I check burning to dvd-rw verbatim, and still, stop in the middle.

[QUOTE=motherboard;2077041]After I installed it, restart, and check my device manager, there’s no NVIDIA SATA IDE CONTROLLER or whatsoever.

I check burning to dvd-rw verbatim, and still, stop in the middle.[/QUOTE]

I used to have a Asus mobo w/nvidia chipset. From what I can recall there isn’t any nvidia sata ide controller in device manager. Look at the picture below. I have 3 sata dvd burners in this computer and I do have one pci sata controller card that has 2 sata hard drives attached to it. My 3 sata dvd burners are running off the Gigabyte mobo that has intel ich9 chipset. As you can see there is no showing of the sata controller. It’s gonna be listed as primary/secondary ide. my mobo bios has the sata set to ide and also ACHI is disabled in the mobo bios as well.

did you disable raid in your mobo bios? did you set sata to ide in the mobo bios? you didn’t answer those questions before which are important in getting the 215 drive to work on mobo’s that have nvidia chipsets.

try just burning a dvd single layer disc using ImgBurn. If that fails as well it sounds like your windows operating system is messed up. try installing the 215 in another computer to see if it works correctly or not. dvd-rw is a pain in the ass and those discs sometimes will not last very long. as I already mentioned you could buy a pci sata controller card for the drive as long as you get one that has the silicon image chipset.