DVR-116D Warranty Info

vbimport

I can’t find any confirmation of the warranty for this unit either on the newegg site or the USA Pioneer Electronics site. Can someone direct me to a location that has a written stated warranty for this product?

Found a line in the newegg invoice saying they warranty all their products for 1 year…

Also it should be on the install instructions

[QUOTE=smata67;2112077]Found a line in the newegg invoice saying they warranty all their products for 1 year…[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when you buy from NewEgg, you get a better warranty than what the manufacturer gives you. The NewEgg warranty is a replacement warranty, meaning you get a new drive if the one you bought fails, and it doesn’t take years to process an RMA. If you go through the manufacturer, you may get a refurbished drive, and who knows how long it will take for them to actually receive the drive, inspect it, then repair or replace it.

I usually use a platinum visa that doubles manufacturer’s warranties. It appears Pioneer warranties for 1 year, so first year warranty with newegg, second year warranty with visa card. I just got a benq dw1655 refunded $35 to buy the pioneer, visa held up their end, but need to keep paperwork.

Pioneer is very good with their warranties only took me a week to get a new burner including the time it took to send it and it was a new one not a refurbished drive either

2 years warranty for all products within the EU.

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2119874]Pioneer is very good with their warranties only took me a week to get a new burner including the time it took to send it and it was a new one not a refurbished drive either.[/QUOTE]

That’s good to hear. Not all manufacturers are as good about warranty service.