DVR-115D Firmware 1.18

[QUOTE=terminalvelocd;1985391]CMC MAG AM3 @ 18X

Gee I know I like colourful diagrams but this is rediculous!

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD[/QUOTE]

Yup, just underlines that this media is not only anything from crappy to waste but both. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=chef;1985468]Yup, just underlines that this media is not only anything from crappy to waste but both. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Yeah but if its that bad, we should limit the burn speed like we do to others.

TVCD I need you to tell me what packaging I should look for so I can do some tests and write something for the engineers.

This would be TDK or Imation branded? Those guys are horrible and sending me samples, but I could use Verbatim to hold my desk off the ground :slight_smile:

I reckon the MCC results with 1.18 are great.

CMC MAG M01 @ 18X

Once again, gotta love the pretty colours!

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

The DVR-115D is now available in Germany:
115D beige
115DBK black
115DSV silver
Prices are between €25 and €30 mainly.

Hello everyone,

I have one problem (question) with Pioneer DVR-115D, when i attempt to record CD i got 4x , 10x … Me need 8x ! Is it possible or not ? Thanks , and sorry for my english.

Hi [B]Fulcrum[/B], welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

Are you trying to burn a 4-10x (or 4-12x) rated Hi-Speed CD-RW?

I use Verbatim CD-R (not CD-RW), i can record at 4x and 10x but i want 8x…

I don’t believe the 115 firmware has an option for 8x at all. Not in this or any previous version

Yes , i update to 1.18 version and no this option.

[QUOTE=Fulcrum;1990764]I use Verbatim CD-R (not CD-RW), i can record at 4x and 10x but i want 8x…[/QUOTE]

What is the need for 8x then?

for PlayStation 1 games, 4x is perfect but too slow and take too much time and 10x is to high speed.

[QUOTE=Fulcrum;1990820]for PlayStation 1 games, 4x is perfect but too slow and take too much time and 10x is to high speed.[/QUOTE]
Why is 10x too fast? Did it produce errors or other issues in the PS1 console?

If not, burn one at 16x and see if it works. You stand to lose virtually nothing and potentially save a lot of time :slight_smile:

I used to burn ps1 games @ 52x with decent quality media and never had a problem

There is no CD media being produced today that will work well at low speeds. 16X is the absolute minimum I would ever advise.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

[QUOTE=Fulcrum;1990820]for PlayStation 1 games, 4x is perfect but too slow and take too much time and 10x is to high speed.[/QUOTE]

Maybe in the old days, but now-a-days, you can burn at whatever speed you want to… I’ve burned plenty of PS1 games at 24X+.

Could someone please let me know the filenames within the firmware update. I’m a Mac person (please don’t hold that against me) trying to update my drive from 1.13, but when I expand the .exe file I get goobledegook for one filename (prolly the kernal) and A0814001.118 for the other. Can someone furnish me with the other filename please?

The RPC-1 Firmware for DVR-115D is:

A0814000.113

A0814001.118

First off all a late welcome [I]grimreaper36.[/I] :slight_smile:

RC resides in firmware, example the .1.18 file in above post. You can use MCSE to make your stock firmware/drive (or almost any other Pio drive) region free, thanks to [B]ala42[/B].
.113 file is just a microcode file and has nothing to do with it. :wink:

I am loading firmware 1.18 into MCSE v1.1.0.15 to try to set bitsetting. The enable bitsetting check box is available until I check it, then it grays out and the check disappears from the check box. I saved the file and loaded the speedpatched version into MCSE and the enable bitsetting check box is grayed out right away. From reading around the forums I think I am able to set bitsetting but I don’t understand what is happening here. :confused: , gamma1

@ gamma1,

Suggest reviewing postings #904 and #905 in the below referenced posting. Although the two postings (#904 & 905) are referring to “Media Speeds” but Forum Member ala42 #905 reply is still valid concerning your “grayed out box” BitSetting question.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/mediacodespeededit-tool-dvd-writers-114269/index37.html

Regards,
bjkg